Warframe For Switch

• Thread starter Duster
  • Start date
D

Duster

Cheese Lover
Towns Folk
Hello Pedians! So you might not have known this, but Warframe is out on the switch eshop now, so go get it! or else a terrible fate will meet you
Do you have any thoughts on this game? Any information you'd like to share about this game? If so, just reply to the topic.

Reactions: Samster
Does it have multiplayer?

Does it have multiplayer?
Yes actually, it has a really good multiplayer system.
I'm sure @Sky could tell you alllll about it. :p

Reactions: Marc
Never really played this game, so this might be a good time to try it. :p

One question: Is the game free? I’ve heard lots of people say it is, and others say that it isn’t. Also, what is the objective of the game?

Never really played this game, so this might be a good time to try it. :p

One question: Is the game free? I’ve heard lots of people say it is, and others say that it isn’t. Also, what is the objective of the game?
The game is free, however It might have microtransactions? I'm not completely sure.
In multiplayer there's mission objectives, but I haven't played enough single player to know what the objective is.

Reactions: Samster
You wanna know about Warframe? Settle down and let me tell you a story :p

Note: I've not tried the switch version yet, however it's warframe, I've spent a *lot* of time on the PC version, and the switch version isn't that different.

Warframe is, for the most part, multiplayer. There are the main quests, most of which are singleplayer only due to how they are but are still 100% worth playing because they're made incredibly well and the story is great. There are options to be able to play on a private instance when going into missions, or friends only (I would presume this is still a thing in the switch version), or to be matched up with randoms.

Is it also 100% free. The only things that you HAVE to pay for (at least in the PC version) is community made cosmetics. The premium currency has a pretty good trading economy behind it. Once you get playing enough, and start farming what is called Relics, you can learn how to be apart of the trading and get the premium currency just through playing, no need to pay at all. I have over 250 hours in the game on PC and haven't paid a single penny, I've got friends who had thousands of hours in the game and none of them has paid either.

Imo, the game is really fun and worth sinking time into. Digital Extremes (The company behind it) absolutely love the community. The game came out in 2013, and their biggest update to date only came out this month, and there's a ton more to come. Everything to do with the game has had a ton of time and effort gone into it, and the story is interesting to follow. For a free game, it's seriously worth it.

Their stance on microtransactions, they hate it when you pay to play. There's a breeding pets mechanic in the game, and that used to be pay to use, however after a short time too many people were buying a lot of it and they thought it was wrong, so they removed the microtransactions and made it free. A lot of people buy the premium currency when huge updates like fortuna came out just because people feel it's not right we keep getting all of this completely free.

Reactions: P2.0, Samster, Marc and 1 other person
There you go Marc :p

You guys win. I'll give it a shot.. one day :eyes2:

Reactions: P2.0, Samster and 28142
You guys win. I'll give it a shot.. one day :eyes2:
Fair warning, Warframe takes up 12.4GB on the initial install.
To put that in perspective, that's only about 3GB less than Breath of The Wild with all of the dlc.

Reactions: P2.0, Samster, Marc and 1 other person
Also, what is the objective of the game?

Rip, didn't see you say this.

The objective of the game is kinda out there. You mean game wise or story wise? Since there's a lot of different types of missions, the story missions all have their own objectives, the 2 (or well, 1 on the switch) open world areas have multiple different objectives and things to do in them. Then you have all the constant alerts on different missions which all have things to do.

Story-wise (without giving many spoilers) you are apart of the Tenno and you are at war with the Grineer, Corpus, Infested and Sentients. The Tenno got reawakened by the Lotus (Who is actually voiced by DE's Community manager, Rebecca Ford) and pretty much the story is around finding out about the world before you where reawakened and everything about who you are.

The Second Dream is the first cinematic quest, and I refuse, among with any other true player, to say anything about it to people who haven't played it yet. It's really hard to explain the story in depth enough to make it sound interesting without spoiling it.

I also found out you can migrate your PC account to the switch soooo if anyone wants to play once I found my switch, I'll be happy to lol.

Reactions: P2.0, Samster and Duster
Fair warning, Warframe takes up 12.4GB on the initial install.
To put that in perspective, that's only about 3GB less than Breath of The Wild with all of the dlc.
I bought an SD card some months ago so I guess I should be fine.

Wait, you lost your switch Sky? oof.
Also, looks like I should migrate my pc account over to the switch so I can skip the tutorial lol.

Back