PC Warframe: Plains of Eidolon HAS LAUNCHED!

• Thread starter 28142
  • Start date

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
So, if anyone here does not know what Warframe is, it's a free to play space ninja sim third person online action game. Really worth a play imo.

Yesterday though DE (Digital Extremes, the devs that made Warframe) pushed out their biggest update yet. Plains of Eidolon. Launched for PC yesterday, and will come in November apparently for consoles. Of course though there's some bugs (For example, I tried to use a turret while in the plains just and I got completely stuck and cannot move xD) but they're working on hotfixes continuously as well as learning a lesson about keeping up with the giant server load :p

I adore the update, I was sat fishing for like 3 hours straight yesterday wish a couple friends xD It's such a pretty landscape too:

57ILogv.jpg

It might have "only" added 1 map, but it's an open world map. It's GIANT and there's always something going on, at night you have the Eidolon stalking the plains that you have to work out how to kill, much tougher enemies come out to play too at night.

The enemies scale in difficulty the further away from Cetus you are. (Cetus is the new market town and it's awesome).

In addition to this there's a new questline to the the main blueprint for the brand new glass frame, Gara. To get the additional blueprints for her you need to complete bounties that you can start in Cetus. There has also been a focus rework (which I will not explain because of story spoilers), ability to craft weapons and so, SO much more.

Seriously, even though it's in a kinda buggy state at the moment, it's well worth a play. It's like it's a completely different game, but you can still do all the classic Warframe missions and such without any problems.

So have any of you played Warframe? Did you like it? Do you think you'll play it with this update? And if you have played this update, share your experiences scouring the plains here :D

Back