Was Persona 5: Scramble a bad idea?

• Thread starter Duster
  • Start date
D

Duster

Cheese Lover
Towns Folk
Hi, so lately i've seen a lot of Persona Fans upset about getting another Warriors Game for the Switch in the style of Persona 5 instead of the actual game. This makes me wonder... was this a bad marketing move? I get that Atlus makes spinoffs of Persona Games (which are a spinoff themselves) but it seems kind of redundant to have both Joker in smash and have a P5 Fighting game, even though both styles are fairly different. First, we already got Hyrule Warriors on three different systems, and that made the Warriors Style seem kind of boring. When FE:Warriors came out, there was some hype, but not as much compared to when Hyrule Warriors first came out. Now it just seems that people are tired of Warriors Styled games coming out, and instead they want real games. So imo, Atlus kind of dug their own grave for the game. If Persona 5 was coming to the switch, it would be fine, because PS4 Owners still get PS5:R (which is basically more content included than the base game). It would also have a ton of hype and sell really well. However, Nintendo Fans do have SMT Games, so they might've thought it would've been too much switch love. What are your thoughts on this topic?

i like warriors games ,so im gonna get it
its kinda weird how P5royal is not on switch but we will get scramble, i guess they will announce a switch port in the future for royal, i mean, they now have the interesnt on general nintendo players with joker in smash

It's not a bad idea... But everyone who only owns a switch wanted the original game as a port on switch. I'm sure a few people will enjoy P5Scramble, but hopefully Persona 5 OG will come to switch some day. Or at least Persona 5 The Royal

It's not a bad idea... But everyone who only owns a switch wanted the original game as a port on switch. I'm sure a few people will enjoy P5Scramble, but hopefully Persona 5 OG will come to switch some day. Or at least Persona 5 The Royal
persona 5 the royal is basically a "deluxe" version of persona 5 with A LOT of new thigs, so royal would be more desirable

Reactions: Duffy
Here's how I see it. It gets Warriors fans into Persona. It gets Persona fans into Warriors and there is a Fire Emblem crossover with SMT so maybe people who are fans of Fire Emblem also like Persona and want more Warriors experience. It also gets people who play Smash Ultimate who got the DLC more into Warriors too. However imo it seems like only my first statement is more true than the rest.

Hey, it can't be any worse than Dancing spinoff games. I do have to wonder though, maybe SMT V (and to a lesser extent, IV/IVA) is making Atlus hesitant on bringing P5/P5R to the Switch? Spinoffs are okay, but it seems like they don't want mainline SMT and mainline Persona on the same console.

Hi, so lately i've seen a lot of Persona Fans upset about getting another Warriors Game for the Switch in the style of Persona 5 instead of the actual game. This makes me wonder... was this a bad marketing move? I get that Atlus makes spinoffs of Persona Games (which are a spinoff themselves) but it seems kind of redundant to have both Joker in smash and have a P5 Fighting game, even though both styles are fairly different. First, we already got Hyrule Warriors on three different systems, and that made the Warriors Style seem kind of boring. When FE:Warriors came out, there was some hype, but not as much compared to when Hyrule Warriors first came out. Now it just seems that people are tired of Warriors Styled games coming out, and instead they want real games. So imo, Atlus kind of dug their own grave for the game. If Persona 5 was coming to the switch, it would be fine, because PS4 Owners still get PS5:R (which is basically more content included than the base game). It would also have a ton of hype and sell really well. However, Nintendo Fans do have SMT Games, so they might've thought it would've been too much switch love. What are your thoughts on this topic?
Looking back at it, definitely not! Considering the fact that it really is just a sequel to persona five. Unlike other games in the series, the fact that it is not a Jorge is somewhat jarring, but the game really has a full fledged story with similar graphics! I’m excited particularly for the Nintendo switch version to real ease, because it would be my first ever persona game! EVER!!! I have never even played a shin megami tense I title, so I a very excited to get my teeth into this beast of a game! It’s gonna be awesome!

Back