Web Browser Switch

• Thread starter phofufury
  • Start date
phofufury

phofufury

idk
Towns Folk
So, idk if ya'll know, but there is a secret web browser for the Switch. It's kinda useless tho, since we got phones and computers, but i actually use it. I use it most the time to get on here, NintenPedia. the only drawbacks is that u can't really play web browser games, some you can though, but most you can't. The other drawback, there's a timer on how long you can be on there, then you have to redo the whole thing. It can be a drag. I think the time limit is 15 min. It may be 30 min. but 15 min. is what i experienced. I was wondering if any of you guys know a different DNS setting that has access to a longer limit browser? ive searched it but i can't find anything.

(in case you are wondering what the DNS is for the browser, its 045.055.142.122)

Ive tried using it but its too long of a process for me. I’d rather just whip out my phone and use that browser. But I do wish that there was an official web browser like the one on the 3ds. I used that browser a lot when playing zelda and I got stuck or something. I could quickly switch between the browser and the game. But I was pretty disappointed when I found out the switch doesnt have a browser but it honestly doesnt matter i guess.

Reactions: phofufury
Ive tried using it but its too long of a process for me. I’d rather just whip out my phone and use that browser. But I do wish that there was an official web browser like the one on the 3ds. I used that browser a lot when playing zelda and I got stuck or something. I could quickly switch between the browser and the game. But I was pretty disappointed when I found out the switch doesnt have a browser but it honestly doesnt matter i guess.
i was disappointed to, idk why they ddnt add an official browser to the Switch.

Reactions: Deepak
i was disappointed to, idk why they ddnt add an official browser to the Switch.
They didn't add a web browser to try to prevent the console of being hacked. Nintendo failed miserably cause all the old 2017 and early 2018 models are perminately hackable cause of the nvidia (I think its called) hardware it uses. I think the tegra engine it uses is kinda exposed to what people are able to do to it.

Browsers aren't really the priority had when making consoles and software. There could be some way to brick the system if there's any insecurities and for the most part the system is for playing games and anything you want to know is on a PC/smart device.

Back