Weird/Funny FE Experiences

• Thread starter Iridium Winter
  • Start date
Iridium Winter

Iridium Winter

The Competent Ranger
Banned User
So this morning (at like 0300 local), I was playing FE4 (Genealogy of the Holy War) with the English patch. Anyways, I start the first mission and was like "Holy crap" at my 4 units vs around 30 enemies. Things go pretty well (especially after the 5 or so reinforcements arrive), though I did have a few close ones. I defeat one of the enemy commanders, then go over to the river wondering how to cross. Then I realized I had forgotten to Seize the castle, so I went back and did that. 20 enemies come out, all of them within range of my army, which I had left by the river. I survived that, too somehow. I move in on the second commander, who is the final enemy unit. Sigurd has been hitting every enemy twice each turn in this level, so I look at the his damage output and feel like I can end the mission this turn. I had been fighting to stay awake and was so proud I made it that far without any casualties. So I attack the enemy commander, but I had forgotten to account for how much damage he would do to me. I hit him once, then he killed Sigurd and all that progress was for nothing... :cry:
Moral of the story: don't play when you're really tired.

So do y'all have any funny stories?

Well, on FE12, back when the english patch wasn't done.

I don't remember the exact chapter, but it was the first one where the big bad of the game appeared on the battlefield (Hardin from FE1/3/11)

Since I can't nihongo, I didn't understand zip of anything xD there were a bunch of enemies sandwiching my units, so I went where Hardin was, thinking beating him would end the chapter, and, well, it kinda did xD I sent MU to fight him, then his attack dealt no damage, I was like o_O wot. Then he just doubled MU and Game Over ;-; for extra sting, I hadn't saved in the last 2 chapters due to skipping text and all :facepalm:

Moral of the story: wait until there's an english translation/use a guide

Playing my first fire emblem game(shadow dragon)
(A unit dies)
nah, im not going to reser for only one character
(Later in the final chapter i had to restart the entire game because it was impossible to win)

Before I start off telling you I need to say this first. I seriously didn't know ANYTHING about FE until I played my first game from the series (Conquest). I tried to avoid any information about the series because I don't like spoilers for games I wanna play. So I didn't know marriage was a thing.....

I started playing Conquest and I just started building my support with people randomly (Silas, Azura, Elise, etc.). I saw certain people could get S & A+ but I thought nothing of it.

I got my relationship with Elise to S first (because I didn't know). Now I'm married to her and have a daughter named Kana. I was so surprised.

sacred stones, chapter 7,

Ross the pirate and Garcia the fighter are the strongest units I had while advancing north, seth was going to the village to get some antitoxin, it was foggy but colm the thief saw a bunch of lance wielders, Ross and Garcia use axes so obviously we go for it and start killing off a bunch of knights, and soldiers, then cavaliers come in with a bunch swords, but Garcia isn't scared, he has a halberd so he's one hit KOing the cavaliers, then he gets surrounded by cavaliers, meanwhile ross s just killing them from afar with his hatchet, then out nowhere a different enemy fighter has a poison axe, I'm like "phhh i'll be fine"... it was at that moment that he got a critical... I didn't die... it only did 9 damage... but it was right before my that turn that Garcia died to poison... then I felt like crap when the "your unit died" theme played...

Back