Splatoon 2 weird online DCs and behavior i sometimes see (maybe just turf war??)

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
i primarily play regular battles on this game apart from some single player side farms i do to get myself food tickets, but ive seen some awkward online behavior where people either sit at the spawn for 100& of the battle (the whole thing), or they barely move at all only cliff bombing as i put it where they hardly move from the spawn and just throw bombs or use their weapon inking ground thats already covered. and whats even more silly is these people end the whole round with 0 turf inked... seriously, i dont think a noob is this bad or awkward. how do you finish even a tough round where you and your partners were spawn trapped (in worst cases... its rare but it happened to my team a few times. didnt end well as you can probably imagine) or were forced to back away from the other team having homed in too much on mine, how would you ever have less than 100-200 turf inked in one game? even if you have one of those really ugly rounds where your whole team gets trapped at the spawn or close to it (this is likely due to too wide of skill level gap between either side or some teammates being too lazy)?

in fact getting trapped seems to fill your special faster as long as you arent splatted repeatedly, so i really dont understand how anyone gets a zero on even one turf war... it doesnt make sense unless they dont fire their weapon at all or throw even a single bomb, but why would anyone wanna do that?? you obviously get way less reward for that, especially if the active (meaning the people putting forth actual effort) teammates couldnt beat the other team with ground cover youre getting almost nothing.

i havent seen the "corner inking" where a person doesnt move very far from the spawn and just tilts the camera upward only lobbing bombs or shooting places that the team has already fully inked very often but unfortunately ive still seen this several times. but not nearly as much as the "0 turf inked" problem though. seriously, ive seen people doing bad in salmon run (i couldve had better luck myself with the weapon handouts here), but never anyone who stands there doing nothing or being completely useless in some other way like i have grinding turf wars... whats the point of this? =P

i know a lot of people tower camp on the maps, but i also know how to sneak splat these people and its usually easy to detect or beat since theres almost always hard to spot side paths to take you straight to them.with my clash blaster its a joke slowing these ones down with splats most times. and some may know this but the proximity danger is very real with this weapon, a direct hit is always an instakill (idk if ink resistance covers this though, if it does you probably need A LOT of it... the blast is very strong) and the collateral damage of the hitzone edge is definitely not to be underestimated, ive splatted people numerous times because of it even barely within range and its strong as crap. and tower sniping is actually a decent defense measure if your weapon has enough range, so i wont really hold anything against people for this unless they single out the same person repeatedly (this is just mean).

Im thinking of doing some tower control and rainmaker eventually, but is this also a problem in ranked? it happens like crazy and its strangely common in regular battles. i did some ranked but didnt see this happening much at all, yet its common as dirt in turf war... not sure why, i imagine its super boring just sitting there or snooze inking/ bombing already turfed ground =/

Reactions: phofufury and Deepak
so i really dont understand how anyone gets a zero on even one turf war... it doesnt make sense unless they dont fire their weapon at all or throw even a single bomb,
I think it gives you 0p if you disconnect from the game. It doesn't matter how much turf you inked. You get 0 if you disconnect before the game ends.Thankfully in ranked, you rank doesnt get affected if someone disconnects.

Reactions: Mizunil and Kadaj
I think it gives you 0p if you disconnect from the game. It doesn't matter how much turf you inked. You get 0 if you disconnect before the game ends.Thankfully in ranked, you rank doesnt get affected if someone disconnects.
thats strange, why do so many DC like this? it happens frequently enough when i play my regular battles that i have legitimate reason to believe at least half of these people are doing it on purpose. glad to hear the people making effort dont get punished for this in ranked though, even if reduced man power so to speak does harm the chances of winning (this definitely can cause a more uneven match sadly).

ive had as much as half of my team DC in one game... and that didnt end well. i really dont understand why so many quit before you even start, its weird =(

thats strange, why do so many DC like this? it happens frequently enough when i play my regular battles that i have legitimate reason to believe at least half of these people are doing it on purpose. glad to hear the people making effort dont get punished for this in ranked though, even if reduced man power so to speak does harm the chances of winning (this definitely can cause a more uneven match sadly).

ive had as much as half of my team DC in one game... and that didnt end well. i really dont understand why so many quit before you even start, its weird =(
Its not always on purpose. Sometimes people don’t have the best internet. Or they might have to urgently leave to do something else. But sometimes people disconnect on purpose too. Usually ragequit.

Reactions: Kadaj
Its not always on purpose. Sometimes people don’t have the best internet. Or they might have to urgently leave to do something else. But sometimes people disconnect on purpose too. Usually ragequit.
thats true... its just strangely frequent enough to start seeming awkward. ive been force DC'd from having to get up and do something before as well which sadly happens but does suck, theres no real way for me to communicate this so the others know im not being lazy trying to make them do everything (thats probably boring anyway but some people do this). i know nintendo doesnt have a chat so people cant write rude garbage or bypass filters with things kids shouldnt be seeing, but the switch does have parental controls for this at the same time... =/

Reactions: Deepak
its just strangely frequent enough to start seeming awkward
Actually some people do this thing where they leave if they see a certain person in the game. Like someone they don’t like to fight against. Its rare but people do it.

Actually some people do this thing where they leave if they see a certain person in the game. Like someone they don’t like to fight against. Its rare but people do it.
wow... i guess i really did make some people quit just by being crafty and sneaky... which is part of the game, didnt even spawn camp them...

almost reminds me of pity quits in smash ultimate where people tap out after losing the first stock of the entire game... seriously, this stuff is part of playing, and honestly even spawn camping is just part of playing splatoon 2. i understand why its tedious and frustrating being stuck at the spawn because of your team getting sandwiched but its still considered a defensive measure in any mode.

also, i generally dont advise being too close to the spawn anyway unless you know the other person or team will become easily impatient since youre very likely to be helplessly splatted by anything. i always avoid being too close to the opposing spawn point because im aware of this (it should be obvious but youd be surprised how many make this mistake and get free-splatted just by being too close here). im more patient and know when to move in and when to use caution, sneak and so forth, but a lot of randoms dont practice this

Reactions: Mizunil, phofufury, $Emperor and 1 other person
The weird online is kinda annoying imo cause you have to buy nso just to play splatoon online. Ik it could be the users fault with a bad internet connection but that's just my opinion. My internet connection is not that bad. It a hiccup once in a while but other than that it's decent.

Back