• Thread starter Jfire
  • Start date
Jfire

Jfire

I'm Not A Pikachu
Towns Folk
Sorry for the clickbait but!

WOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

The first Nintendo mobile game just got announced! From the screenshots it seems like it'll be a Tomodachi Life that will try to make people more social!

and then there's this!

They announced what will be replacing club nintendo! Even being able to get "coins" just by playing games! (speculation)

I'm tired and so I might sound like a five year old, but. LDSAUIS SO AWESOME!

If you want some more info there's this Nintendo subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo

It seems cool.

They look pretty nice! Thanks for posting these! I hope they reveal more about the Club Nintendo replacement!

I am most exited about the new club Nintendo! But tomodachi life mobile looks kinda cool(I will get it :p if not for the game but just to try out Nintendo's smart phone games :p )

"My Nintendo" sounds like it is going to be AWESOME!! And by march I should hope to Have a new 3DS but that sounds like it is going to be awesome! Points for playing games!! Sounds like every gamers dream come true I get given gifts just to play games and the gifts are straight from Nintendo!

Miitomo looks kind of stupid in hindsight, but as something that I can check once or twice throughout the day for 5 minutes, it sounds decent so far.

My Nintendo releasing in March worries me that the NX may not come out until 2017 (I don't feel like they would put so much effort into integrating an entirely new membership program on consoles that they won't be supporting in like, 10 months) but whatever. Playing games to get points sounds cool. I imagine it'll basically be just like trophies or achievements but instead of just being for bragging you can actually spend the points on items from the eShop and other services (I think Universal, movie theaters and certain stores were mentioned?) so that should be fun.

Nintendo may release everything in one go, the mobile games, "My Nintendo" and NX altogether! It won't be strange and it can actually work, considering how the "Miitomo" is a freemium (and probably the other 4 games too) and "My Nintendo" is free, so that leaves NX as the main source of income to boost the company's finances. As for the theater thing, this came from a translation, so there is a confusion about the meaning. In Japan, theaters are where new anime movies (eg: Pokemon) are released! The don't call them cinemas or anything like that, but theaters. That's why there's been a lot of confusion around it!

Nintendo may release everything in one go, the mobile games, "My Nintendo" and NX altogether! It won't be strange and it can actually work, considering how the "Miitomo" is a freemium (and probably the other 4 games too) and "My Nintendo" is free, so that leaves NX as the main source of income to boost the company's finances. As for the theater thing, this came from a translation, so there is a confusion about the meaning. In Japan, theaters are where new anime movies (eg: Pokemon) are released! The don't call them cinemas or anything like that, but theaters. That's why there's been a lot of confusion around it!

My Nintendo and Miitomo are both confirmed to be coming out in March (Miitomo was originally scheduled for this year). I would expect them to possibly announce NX around then, but not release it.

My Nintendo and Miitomo are both confirmed to be coming out in March (Miitomo was originally scheduled for this year). I would expect them to possibly announce NX around then, but not release it.
It will be almost impossible to implement "My Nintendo" on the current consoles (3DS/Wii U) just like that. It'll be far more efficient for them to just release NX together with it, in order to offer better compatibility.

It will be almost impossible to implement "My Nintendo" on the current consoles (3DS/Wii U) just like that. It'll be far more efficient for them to just release NX together with it, in order to offer better compatibility.

They implemented Nintendo Network ID's into 3DS like two years after release. If they're determined to do it they'll do it.

They implemented Nintendo Network ID's into 3DS like two years after release. If they're determined to do it they'll do it.
It's not as simple as you seem to think. Also, NNID was much "smaller", so easier to implement. Let's not forget that NNID is only for specific parts of games, not for as long as they are running.

It's not as simple as you seem to think. Also, NNID was much "smaller", so easier to implement. Let's not forget that NNID is only for specific parts of games, not for as long as they are running.

No, I know what I'm talking about. NNID is at least on the same level as My Nintendo. If they can integrate an entire ID system into a 3 year old system they can integrate reward points into a 5 year old system.

I'm not talking about NNID functionality in video games. I'm talking about the fact that they put it on the system in the first place.

The My Nintendo thing sounds really awesome! :D The possibilities can further be imagined with this kind of rewards program. Can't wait to see more information to be announced about it =P

As for Miitomo I'm sort of neutral about it since I was expecting other things but it's still ok.

Back