What’s the best Monster Hunter game to start with?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Okay, so the only game I’ve ever played in this series is Monster Hunter Stories, which I believe is a spin-off game. I’ve heard a lot about this series, and I’m seriously considering trying it out. However, I have literally no idea which game to start with. Should I just plunge in and start new of Monster Hunter Generations for Switch? Or should I start with the classics and go with the first Monster Hunter game?

I don’t think starting with the first one is a good idea. The online servers are shut down probably. Just go with whatever one you can get your hands on. If you only have switch, generations is your only option. What ive heard is the games get harder the further you go back. MH3 ultimate on wii u is what i have, and it’s pretty tough. Monster hunter world is completely different from the other games, so I wouldn’t start there if you want to play the rest of the series.

Just remember, these games take hundreds of hours to master. Its a serious time commitment.

My first title was Tri on the Wii and I was hot trash at it lol. Afterwards, I picked up World and LOVED it! My cousin then convinced me to pick up Generations Ultimate. It's by far my favorite. I've just got over 70 hours in and I've barely scratched the surface in all its content!

I'm just HR 6 in the guild stuff and level six in the village quests . This title offers so much content! For the most fun, play online with your friends or family while voice chasingc in Discord or Skype. Totally worth it and makes it even more fun!

Wow Monster Hunter sounds amazing! I love a good challenge. What Monster Hunter game do you reccommend for the 3DS?

Back