• Thread starter ShyGuy64
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
ShyGuy64

ShyGuy64

Quake 3 Master
Banned User
I`m going to ask for 3 3ds games for christmas.. One of them is going to be Pokemon Alpha Sapphire. What should the other 2 be? I already have new leaf, mh stories, marioparty ds, and bomberman for the ds.

I liked Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth a lot, though I believe they added a new entry in the series since then. I'd recommend it if you like RPGs. Especially since EO is by far the most popular dungeon RPG out there.

Reactions: ShyGuy64
I liked Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth a lot, though I believe they added a new entry in the series since then. I'd recommend it if you like RPGs. Especially since EO is by far the most popular dungeon RPG out there.
That looks really cool, but I don`t think I want to get into another long rpg.

I'm not sure I'd say it's long... can't remember how long it took me to get through the game. It's not AAA so it wouldn't be as long as some of the big-name titles, at least.

Other than that... I'm extraordinarily biased here but I love the Kirby series if you want something casual that won't be a commitment. If you haven't played any of those games already. There's Triple Deluxe, if you want something more in line with usual Kirby aesthetics and like the idea of the Hypernova ability. Planet Robobot carries a sci-fi aesthetic. I preferred the Robobot Armour in this game compared to Hypernova, since it's not as immensely OP and you can still gain the effect of copy abilities.

There are also different copy abilities in each. Other than that, they're both pretty good games, two of my favourites from the 3DS alongside EO.

I'm not sure I'd say it's long... can't remember how long it took me to get through the game. It's not AAA so it wouldn't be as long as some of the big-name titles, at least.

Other than that... I'm extraordinarily biased here but I love the Kirby series if you want something casual that won't be a commitment. If you haven't played any of those games already. There's Triple Deluxe, if you want something more in line with usual Kirby aesthetics and like the idea of the Hypernova ability. Planet Robobot carries a sci-fi aesthetic. I preferred the Robobot Armour in this game compared to Hypernova, since it's not as immensely OP and you can still gain the effect of copy abilities.

There are also different copy abilities in each. Other than that, they're both pretty good games, two of my favourites from the 3DS alongside EO.
Ooh, planet robobot looks fun. Kirby games are great, I remember playing the 6 pack on the snes mini when it came out.

You mean Super Star? I played the remake, one of my all-time favourite games, think it was my second Kirby game after Triple Deluxe.

I believe they also made a fighting game at one point, Kirby Battle Royale. That's the closest we've got to a full 3D Kirby game so far, still hoping we get a fully-fledged 3D game like the cancelled Gamecube one. It would work so well.

If you're into the Zelda franchise I would recommend Ocarina of time and Majoras Mask (Majora is the sequel to Ocarina, but it can be played on its own). Are you also looking at Ds games or only 3ds?

Reactions: ShyGuy64
If you're into the Zelda franchise I would recommend Ocarina of time and Majoras Mask (Majora is the sequel to Ocarina, but it can be played on its own). Are you also looking at Ds games or only 3ds?
Either

Reactions: Mizunil
Ahh okay in that case,
If you're into Pokémon, any main game series from the ds is great (HG/SS, Platinum, Black/2)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness/time/sky (Sky has a little bit more content and probs my favorite ds game)
- Bowsers Inside Story, it also got a 3ds remake I'm pretty sure but I've only seen the original
These would be my top 3 recommendations for ds games.

Ahh okay in that case,
If you're into Pokémon, any main game series from the ds is great (HG/SS, Platinum, Black/2)
- Pokémon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness/time/sky (Sky has a little bit more content and probs my favorite ds game)
- Bowsers Inside Story, it also got a 3ds remake I'm pretty sure but I've only seen the original
These would be my top 3 recommendations for ds games.
I want heart gold so bad, but money. I also already have a mario and luigi game (dream team) since I have the luigi 30th anniversary 3ds xl. Mystery dungeon looks pretty fun though.

Last edited:
You should definitely get fantasy life. Its like a combination of animal crossing and zelda. It kept me occupied for over a 100 hours.

Or you should get a game like mariokart 7 or super smash bros. Both are really fun games with a fairly active online community.

You could go with a zelda game as mizunil said. Ocarina of time is really amazing. I loved everything about it when I played it. The music, the story, the places. It was truly an amazing 3ds game. Thats a must-buy 3ds game imo.

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team and Kirby: Planet Robobot are my suggestions.

Reactions: Deepak
Reactions: Jisenku, Deepak and Mizunil
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back