What are new movies/shows you're gonna watch releasing this year?

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
I know there aren't many releases this year, but I just discovered this section is Nintenpedia, and I wanted to post something. There are some releases that I wanted to talk about. The one I'm most excited for is Umbrella Academy Season 2. It's coming this July 31 on Netflix. I really liked the first season so I'll be watching the 2nd season. From the trailers I've seen, it looks like it'll be picking up where it left off. I'm also interested in Cursed, which is coming also on Netflix tommorow. The description and trailers look interesting, so I'll be sure to check it out. Tesla is a movie that looks interesting, so I'll be watching it when I can. Mulan is a semi-interesting movie that I'll maybe watch, because it's Mulan. What new releases are you gonna watch?

For TV shows I think about the only thing yet to air that I will 100% watch is season 5 of lucifer, I'll go mad if that gets delayed. They dropped a trailer a couple days ago and it's hype as hell (hehe), I can't wait to see what happens next.

Other tv shows like Intelligence (though this one is going to be painful to watch so idk if I'll watch it or not), Dead pixels (will be terrible, but it's if it'll be "bad but good", though I doubt it lol) and Lovecraft Country (I'm not too keen on Jordan Peele's stuff but I'll give this one a shot) all take my interest but eh. Idk which ones I'll actually end up finishing.

For films however, oh boy.

The Personal History of David Copperfield is one I saw advertised at the start of the year in a cinema, the cast list looks great and it's an interesting premise. It was delayed once this year and I'd really like to watch it.

Mulan I'll have to begrudgingly watch, I'm addicted to the original disney cartoon for it, and knowing how much they've had to change for the film makes me hesitant but also at the same time, would be nice if disney added some of the actual mulan tales into it rather than keep it "uwu family friendly times".

A Quiet Place Part II will be.. something.. I watched the first one in the cinema with a couple friends and it was fantastic, one of the best films I've watched in a long while. This one though is a bit confusing. The first film ended neatly, it answered most of the questions and was good as a standalone film. The main trailer for this film had more dialogue then the entire of the first film which defeats the entire point of the series :/ Would like to see more BTS videos though on how they make more sounds, that was a great video from the first one.

Monster hunter is going to be a hillarious train wreck of a movie but I'll still watch it. Paul W.S. Anderson does not make good films, but sometimes they do cross into the "so bad it's good" category.

The King's Man I just want this film right nowwww, I loved the first film, I loved the second film and I've been hyped for this film ever since it was first even teased. Can't wait to see what kind of lore is in it, hopefully they learnt from their mistakes in the second film.

Candyman will be another bad film but, I enjoy myself bad horror films. I watch a ton of them cause either they're good and it's an enjoyable watch, or they're bad and it's just a good comedy.

Soul is the next pixar film, Onward at the start of the year is one of my favourite pixar films, it was just so good. Soul seems to be.. interesting, more leans on Inside out by the looks of things rather then a nice musical story which it originally looked like. Would be interesting to see both the story and where it fits into the pixar universe.

There's other films like Free guy, No Time to Die, Raya and the Last Dragon and Escape Room 2 but not sure if I'll get around to watching those ones for a while. I don't think I've even watched the last James Bond film tbh.

Reactions: Deepak and Sunny_Meows
For TV shows I think about the only thing yet to air that I will 100% watch is season 5 of lucifer, I'll go mad if that gets delayed. They dropped a trailer a couple days ago and it's hype as hell (hehe), I can't wait to see what happens next.

Other tv shows like Intelligence (though this one is going to be painful to watch so idk if I'll watch it or not), Dead pixels (will be terrible, but it's if it'll be "bad but good", though I doubt it lol) and Lovecraft Country (I'm not too keen on Jordan Peele's stuff but I'll give this one a shot) all take my interest but eh. Idk which ones I'll actually end up finishing.

The Personal History of David Copperfield is one I saw advertised at the start of the year in a cinema, the cast list looks great and it's an interesting premise. It was delayed once this year and I'd really like to watch it.

Mulan I'll have to begrudgingly watch, I'm addicted to the original disney cartoon for it, and knowing how much they've had to change for the film makes me hesitant but also at the same time, would be nice if disney added some of the actual mulan tales into it rather than keep it "uwu family friendly times".

A Quiet Place Part II will be.. something.. I watched the first one in the cinema with a couple friends and it was fantastic, one of the best films I've watched in a long while. This one though is a bit confusing. The first film ended neatly, it answered most of the questions and was good as a standalone film. The main trailer for this film had more dialogue then the entire of the first film which defeats the entire point of the series :/ Would like to see more BTS videos though on how they make more sounds, that was a great video from the first one.

Monster hunter is going to be a hillarious train wreck of a movie but I'll still watch it. Paul W.S. Anderson does not make good films, but sometimes they do cross into the "so bad it's good" category.

The King's Man I just want this film right nowwww, I loved the first film, I loved the second film and I've been hyped for this film ever since it was first even teased. Can't wait to see what kind of lore is in it, hopefully they learnt from their mistakes in the second film.

Candyman will be another bad film but, I enjoy myself bad horror films. I watch a ton of them cause either they're good and it's an enjoyable watch, or they're bad and it's just a good comedy.

Soul is the next pixar film, Onward at the start of the year is one of my favourite pixar films, it was just so good. Soul seems to be.. interesting, more leans on Inside out by the looks of things rather then a nice musical story which it originally looked like. Would be interesting to see both the story and where it fits into the pixar universe.

There's other films like Free guy, No Time to Die, Raya and the Last Dragon and Escape Room 2 but not sure if I'll get around to watching those ones for a while. I don't think I've even watched the last James Bond film tbh.
wow. sky basically got all the movies i wanted to watch. I'd just like to add conjuring 3, wonder woman, black widow, tenet and bill and ted face the music.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
wow. sky basically got all the movies i wanted to watch. I'd just like to add conjuring 3, wonder woman and black widow.

The upcoming Conjuring film is in the "horror films I might end up watching but idk because it wont even be so bad it's good, it'll just be bad" pile :p

Reactions: Deepak

That's a lot of picks! Looks like I'll be watching a lot this month! Something that particularly piqued my interest is The Personal History of David Copperfield. I searched about it a little and it looks like I'll be watching it! As for A quiet place part II, I'm not a big horror fan, so I'll ask my friends in a few days to come over so I can hide lol.:pSoul and Onward.. I haven't watched Onward yet, but I'll be watching it pretty soon! The King's Man, I LOVE Kingsman, so I'll definitely watch it some time later. I like comedy movies the most, so I'm gonna try and find some more for me to watch. Do you have any recommendations for comedy films?

The upcoming Conjuring film is in the "horror films I might end up watching but idk because it wont even be so bad it's good, it'll just be bad" pile :p
Conjuring is part of my "I'm a loser, so I will never watch horror movies" list. And my "I'm a scaredy-cat, so I'll never watch horror movies" list. Both of these list. Both of these lists are in the "If I have tons of friends around to use as cover, maybe I'll watch it, because I'm a scaredy cat" list.

Reactions: Deepak
Yeah. Conjuring is a hit or miss franchise.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
That's a lot of picks! Looks like I'll be watching a lot this month! Something that particularly piqued my interest is The Personal History of David Copperfield. I searched about it a little and it looks like I'll be watching it! As for A quiet place part II, I'm not a big horror fan, so I'll ask my friends in a few days to come over so I can hide lol.:pSoul and Onward.. I haven't watched Onward yet, but I'll be watching it pretty soon! The King's Man, I LOVE Kingsman, so I'll definitely watch it some time later. I like comedy movies the most, so I'm gonna try and find some more for me to watch. Do you have any recommendations for comedy films?

A quiet place is more of a thriller then a horror, at least the first one was. If you enjoy unique uses of sound then I highly reccomend the first one, the use of sign language and sound to create a world is so cool.

Onward seems to be that the pixar team had a D&D campaign then just decided to make a film out of it and I'm here for that. It's such a good film and has some good comedic elements.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga came out earlier this year, I'd highly reccomend this for a good comedy. Even if you don't know what eurovision is, I still reccomend it.

Jojo rabbit came out at the end of last year but it's among one of the best films I've ever watched, it's got some fantastic comedic parts mixed into an amazing story.

Most comedies I watch though tend to be horrors that are just terrible like countdown, fantasy island, escape room, etc. The hunt was a black comedy from this year though, had a few issues but was quite funny.

Reactions: Deepak and Sunny_Meows
A quiet place is more of a thriller then a horror, at least the first one was. If you enjoy unique uses of sound then I highly reccomend the first one, the use of sign language and sound to create a world is so cool.

Onward seems to be that the pixar team had a D&D campaign then just decided to make a film out of it and I'm here for that. It's such a good film and has some good comedic elements.

Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga came out earlier this year, I'd highly reccomend this for a good comedy. Even if you don't know what eurovision is, I still reccomend it.

Jojo rabbit came out at the end of last year but it's among one of the best films I've ever watched, it's got some fantastic comedic parts mixed into an amazing story.

Most comedies I watch though tend to be horrors that are just terrible like countdown, fantasy island, escape room, etc. The hunt was a black comedy from this year though, had a few issues but was quite funny.
I really liked Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga! I watch Eurovision every year, and I was sad when it got cancelled this year. At least this movie was there to replace it! (That Hamster wheel scene was my favorite btw :p )

I also really liked JoJo Rabbit! It was a really good comedy, but I cried when
so there's that. :/

Reactions: 28142
Other tv shows like Intelligence (though this one is going to be painful to watch so idk if I'll watch it or not)

Update on this, watched all of season 1 (6 episodes). Dear god do not watch this mess if you value your braincells. In 6 whole episodes I think I saw a computer like 3 times and the main story line is the most stupid boring thing ever, and the one time there seems to be actually any semi interesting plot, it was the end of episode 6. The same 3 "jokes" happen over and over again and it's not funny. These kind of jokes I'd expect from an early 2000's show as well, not something that came out this year. All the characters are the most stupidly written characters as well. No kind of character growth or development happened in the whole season, at all. They all where as stupid as they where in the first episode.

I actually just looked it up and seems like episode 6 was the season finale which is more underwhelming, I thought not all the episodes had come out yet. But unfortunatly there seems to be a season 2 lined up..

Update on this, watched all of season 1 (6 episodes). Dear god do not watch this mess if you value your braincells. In 6 whole episodes I think I saw a computer like 3 times and the main story line is the most stupid boring thing ever, and the one time there seems to be actually any semi interesting plot, it was the end of episode 6. The same 3 "jokes" happen over and over again and it's not funny. These kind of jokes I'd expect from an early 2000's show as well, not something that came out this year. All the characters are the most stupidly written characters as well. No kind of character growth or development happened in the whole season, at all. They all where as stupid as they where in the first episode.

I actually just looked it up and seems like episode 6 was the season finale which is more underwhelming, I thought not all the episodes had come out yet. But unfortunatly there seems to be a season 2 lined up..
Thanks for the warning @Sky! I'll be sure to watch out >.<

Reactions: 28142
Back