What are some good couch co-op games ?

• Thread starter Goten4
  • Start date
Goten4

Goten4

Thunder Knight
Towns Folk
I mean other than the obvious games, Smash, Kart, Mario Bros U, 3d World/Bowser's fury

i think astral chain has a co-op mode, one as the police officer, and another as the "monster companion"
the world ends with you final remix also has co-op mode, its funny, because one person alone can play co-op mode controlling both characters, wich would be the closest experience possible to the original TWEWY
you can play smash adventure mode in co-op
the warriors games have co-op too
sonic team racing is another good option if you like racing games,and even playing by yourself a good alternative to mario kart

i think astral chain has a co-op mode, one as the police officer, and another as the "monster companion"
the world ends with you final remix also has co-op mode, its funny, because one person alone can play co-op mode controlling both characters, wich would be the closest experience possible to the original TWEWY
you can play smash adventure mode in co-op
the warriors games have co-op too
sonic team racing is another good option if you like racing games,and even playing by yourself a good alternative to mario kart
Would you know if the Nickelodeon Kart Racer would be a good Mario Kart type racer ?

Moving Out is fun. You move furniture out of houses and into a moving truck. Lots of crazy and humorous gameplay. Throwing couches through windows, off a plane, etc.

Phogs is a cool one too. You and a partner each control one side of a double-headed dog and complete platforming levels with puzzles. It has really cute and colorful environments, and fun gameplay elements as well.

I’ve also heard good things about the Overcooked games. You work together to cook food, gathering ingredients and running around to different cooking stations.

Reactions: Mizunil
  • Cook serve delicious 3 is fantastic. Me and a mate have been slowly working through it. It's pretty hard, but we've found that the difficulty level kinda stays despite us being like half way through it already because our skills improve as wel go through. The story is too good as well lmao. I'd reccomend the 3rd one over the others though, it's just kinda better.
  • Overcooked is also fantastic, a bit less technical than CSD3, but about as chaotic. Pretty good fun.
  • +1 to moving out as well, that's a great game.
  • Luigi's mansion 3 is supposed to have decent couch co-op with it.
  • Rocket league has split-screen play
  • Enter the gungeon I've played local co-op on PC for and it's fantastic, a great dungeon crawler.
  • Minecraft, obviously.
  • The stretchers is another physics-like game with puzzles and fun.
  • Snipperclips is a co-op adorable puzzle game, there's also a demo!
  • Unravel 2 is an adorable puzzle game, unravel 1 isn't on switch but it's not required for 2.
  • Cuphead is a pretty fun platformer action game with a load of secrets and bosses and the best soundtrack out of any game.
  • Rayman legends, rayman is just an excellent series and legends imo is one of the best.
  • Human fall flat is a dumb but charming physics based platformer/puzzler.
  • Castle crashers is too fun, honestly I love this game. A sorta hack and slash sidescrolling action game with a ton of charm.
For Nickelodeon Kart Racer, it's not a great game at all imo. If you want a kart racer then I'd reccomend sonic team racing, crash team racing or ofc, mario kart 8 deluxe as you can't really get better than the best.

Reactions: Mizunil
Castle Crashers is a classic couch co-op! I played it for the Xbox 360, and they released it for the Switch, though I havn't gotten it yet. I remember playing it with my siblings, and it was a blast! It also has a lot of humor, making it more fun to play!

Reactions: 28142
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Pokemon Let's Go Pika/Eevee!
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze

I can vouch for Retro Studios Donkey Kong being fun. I expect the same for Pikmin but Pokemon it depends on if you want the game to be easy or super easy. :n-shrug:

I really enjoyed Darksiders: Genesis! If you're into Diablo style games then you should definitely check it out! The combat options are great despite only having 2 characters to play as. In addition to that, there are lots of puzzles and platforming action mixed into it that makes the game rich and addicting! The only downside IMO is how short it is (maybe somewhere around 20 hours?) but I still definitely recommend it!

Back