What are some good games on the Switch similar to Diablo III?

• Thread starter Crowing
  • Start date
Crowing

Crowing

World Ender
Towns Folk
I recently completed Diablo III and loved it. While I already know a few similar games, I need more. It's addictive. I love the feel of crushing my enemies mercilessly.

The two primary aspects I loved about the game were the heavy focus on action and the dark aesthetics. Moreso the former but the latter really helped to boost my enjoyment of the game as well.

With this in mind, what games would you recommend if I loved Diablo? As I said, I've already played a few similar action games, which were:

Hyrule Warriors
Fire Emblem Warriors
Fate/Extella Link
Oninaki
The Princess Guide

I'm aware of the other Warriors games and Darksiders: Genesis looks like something I will enjoy as well. The first two Darksiders games, both of which are also on Switch, have caught my attention as well. Are there any other action-focused games on the Switch that I don't know about?

There's also God Eater, although I'm not sure that would count so much as it's more of a boss rush than a traditional action game.

Reactions: phofufury
With this in mind, what games would you recommend if I loved Diablo?
Torchlight 2 and Torchlight 3 are the closest that come to mind and they're both available on the Nintendo Switch.

Torchlight 2 and Torchlight 3 are the closest that come to mind and they're both available on the Nintendo Switch.
These are fairly similar, though may not be that dark. However, they may be the closest to the Diablo series.

If you are into Rogue Lites, you should try these games:

Mana Sparks (which has an expansion DLC out now)

Enter the Gungeon

Cave Blazers

Mana Sparks and Enter the Gungeon are more of top-down rogue RPGs, while Cave Blazers is a platformer rogue RPG. They are also pretty cheap, I think being at most $15, while often times going on sale for less than $10. They are really fun, and provide quite a challenge.

Found one that's interesting and maybe just to put it here Hades.

I never played Hades but I know you can get a lot of useful unlocks, not on your first run, but the more you play the stronger you get and that's the picture I see being portrayed.

Big surprise coming: Risk of Rain 1 or 2. The game gives you a lot of weapons and skills and the longer you play the harder the game gets as there are more and stronger enemies in your path. The music is really great in this. My gripe from watching the trailer is that the main character is really small but that leaves room for enemies and loot to cover the rest of it up.

Back