What Are The Best Splatoon Weapons (2016)

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've been trying to get back into Splatoon lately but I've been losing my matches when I play rank battles online. I know an update made the game more balanced and I think my favorite weapon got patched ;-;

So I'm here trying to find new weapons I can test out.

What are the best Splatoon weapons as of 2016 that I should consider checking out?

Reactions: SoProHunter and Mikaya
What weapon did you use previously? I tend to use the following weapons:
Kelp Splatterscope - I toss out Sprinklers to boost my special gauge and quickscope anyone trying to capture the tower/Rainmaker. This is my personal favourite weapon.
Aerospray MG/RG - These are for defending Splat Zones. The MG has Seekers, which I use as a deterrent and to take out unsuspecting rollers/brushes. The RG is for stages with smaller zones as it lets me control a zone while I'm out capturing the other one (usually because the rest of the team is incapable of doing so).
Heavy Splatling - If I get annoyed while using any of the previous weapons, I bring out the big gun. I don't really use the Splash Walls for anything other than occasionally preventing an opponent from following me down a thin path. It's slow to carry around, but I normally swim through ink for a speed boost. Inkstrikes are very useful on Splat Zones matches on Camp Triggerfish.
Dual Squelcher - My other go-to rage weapon, the Dual Squelcher has a nice rate of fire while still packing a punch. If you're not sure if the coast is clear, bowl out a Splat Bomb and come in with both barrels squirting. The Echolocator is a lovely addition to a weapon used solely to relieve my frustration at my team-mates/the opposition's internet connection/life in general.
Carbon Roller Deco - I only use this during Splatfests as I normally despise rollers. That Seeker Bomb Rush is too tempting. Cover ground quickly and assassinate the other team before unleashing a swarm of homing bombs.

Reactions: Marc and Mikaya
What weapon did you use previously?
The regular roller with killer whale. I normally play ranked battles so the carbon roller (which works best in covering ground as quickly as possible but takes a hit in dishing out damage) so I guess that isn't for me either :p

Thanks for the information btw. I'll check them out.

Kelp Splatterscope sounds like one of those snipers btw. I suck with snipers in Splatoon so I'll probably avoid that one if it is.

Try out these;

.96 Gal - The fire rate is slow, but if you hit your mark with a couple of shots, they get splatted. xD
Octobrush Nouveau - Great for Rainmaker and Splat Zones. The range isn't so good because it's used for close-ranged combat.
Tri-Slosher Nouveau - Ideal for use in all ranked modes and turf wars. It packs a punch, and is good at covering areas with ink.
Splattershot Pro/Forge Splattershot Pro - Both are good for mid-range/close combat, and the attack power is medium.
3K Litre - A long ranged sniper type weapon. You need to find good spots to camp out on, which are not too open. Snipers are pretty hard to master, so good luck. xD
Mini Splatling/Zinc Mini Spatling - Nice little weapons with reduced charge time, it's like a sort of machine mini-gun.

Reactions: Marc
.96 Gal - The fire rate is slow, but if you hit your mark with a couple of shots, they get splatted. xD
The .96 Gal isn't for me. I think I might do better with a luna blaster ;-;
Octobrush Nouveau - Great for Rainmaker and Splat Zones. The range isn't so good because it's used for close-ranged combat.
Tri-Slosher Nouveau - Ideal for use in all ranked modes and turf wars. It packs a punch, and is good at covering areas with ink.
Those are upgrades of the ones I've used in the past. Never had much luck with the slosher but maybe it's because I kept pressing the button too slow.
Splattershot Pro/Forge Splattershot Pro - Both are good for mid-range/close combat, and the attack power is medium.
Already used them.
3K Litre - A long ranged sniper type weapon. You need to find good spots to camp out on, which are not too open. Snipers are pretty hard to master, so good luck. xD
Mini Splatling/Zinc Mini Spatling - Nice little weapons with reduced charge time, it's like a sort of machine mini-gun.
Not really good with snipers ;~;

Do they pack a punch? >.< (the Mini Splatling/Zinc Mini Spatling).

The .96 Gal isn't for me. I think I might do better with a luna blaster ;-;

The Luna blaster does deal good damage, but if someone comes along with a faster firing weapon, you're in trouble. xD

Those are upgrades of the ones I've used in the past. Never had much luck with the slosher but maybe it's because I kept pressing the button too slow.

I think you should give it a go, because if you press the fire button like crazy on the tri-slosher, you'll get decent results. Same goes for the brush, if you're very close to someone or want to get rid of the rainmaker shield quickly. xD

Do they pack a punch? >.< (the Mini Splatling/Zinc Mini Spatling).

If you charge them up fully and let go, they fire away really quickly and should splat someone after a short moment (if you hit your mark well, of course). I'd say they pack a good punch. :p

I think you should give it a go, because if you press the fire button like crazy on the tri-slosher, you'll get decent results. Same goes for the brush, if you're very close to someone or want to get rid of the rainmaker shield quickly. xD
That's the thing. I don't press my buttons too quickly. I'm afraid of a button not working in the future ;-;
If you charge them up fully and let go, they fire away really quickly and should splat someone after a short moment (if you hit your mark well, of course). I'd say they pack a good punch. :p
I'm guessing their mobility are low when they're charged up, no?

Also, there's a lot of people who use the Tentatek Splattershot because it's a really fast killing mid-range weapon and if you're good with it, the Inkzooka can be deadly. I don't use it myself but I've seen others using it a lot and they've made me rage sometimes because they're so good with it. The Octoshot Replica is the same as the Tentatek Splattershot except reskinned and in case you don't know, Judd gives it to you at level 40 if I remember right.

Have you tried a Tri Slosher yet? They're pretty good in Turf Wars and Zones. Ink saver, Ink Recover Up, and Defense abilities will be the most beneficial when utilizing this weapon.

Reactions: Mikaya
That's the thing. I don't press my buttons too quickly. I'm afraid of a button not working in the future ;-;

You don't have to mash the buttons as if you're playing Smash 4. xD

I'm guessing their mobility are low when they're charged up, no?

You can walk pretty freely whilst the weapons are charged up. I'd say you'd hardly lose any mobility/speed.

Have you tried out the Sloshing Machine? it's kinda like the slosher, but the ink shoots further, and deals high damage. You can splat someone in 2 shots. The sub/special are worth using, the splat bombs are pretty deadly. xD

Here's a list of weapons I dominate with & (I believe) are good weapons.

Splattershot Jr. - I love the Jr. cause it covers ink so fast & it kills people fast. It's really simple & easy, and the splat bombs are a nice touch. You also have the shield ;3

Bamboozler Mk 11 - I frickin' love this weapons SO much. It is so good. Even though it doesn't have a lot of range it makes up for it by its charge speed. You can kill people so fast! Plus you have the killer-wail ;3 You just got to know how to use it right. You charge it all the way, release, then quickly press the ZR button again & that kills em' faster then fast.

Gold Dynamo Roller - great weapon. It can one shot people & cover SO much ink. Even though it's kinda' slow it's still an amazing weapon.

Octobrush Noveu - kills fast, great range, good sub, good inker too ;3

Carbon Roller - any of them are good, wether the original or remakes. Their fast & kill people easy. You ink quickly & can do a lot of hasty ambushes.

The Longest Range Charger (sorry I can't remember the name. It's the charger with the longest range & it has blast bombs) - This weapon has crazy range & can one shot people. It's great for camping in spots & just picking off their team one by one. And, if people randomly sneak up on you, you can quickly throw some bombs at him/her and kill em'.

These are my main weapons that I destroy with. And there's a couple either weapons I use but these are my top.

Hope this helps!

God bless! ;3

Have you tried out the Sloshing Machine? it's kinda like the slosher, but the ink shoots further, and deals high damage. You can splat someone in 2 shots. The sub/special are worth using, the splat bombs are pretty deadly. xD

Every slosher kills with two direct hits.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mikaya, SoProHunter and 423
Ok, in my opinion the best for 2016 are;

Splatershot Jr.: This weapon is so annoying to fight against, If you run this set with clothes with Special saver, Special charge up and ink saver you will do so good with this weapon, it's bubbler adds a huge touch to the set and this is why I use Jr.

Aerospray MG: The seekers first of all or so OP so let's get that clear! Inkzooka to top it off makes this weapon the best in fire rate and in subs/specials.

Aerospray RG: This weapon isn't as good as MG but it dominates in Tower Control and is my top pick for it. Ink mine is so good for this mode, it's ink mines make it almost impossible for your opponent to get on the tower with you and inkstrike is good to stick the Tower.

Carbon Roller Deco: This is my favorite T-roller...lol, get it...The seekers and seeker rush will make so many people rage quit, this is also good for TC to use a seeker straight to the tower and you'll be there in under 5 secs, great for getting a head start.

E Liter 3K/Scope: Scope or not this is the best sniper in Splatoon up to date anyway, I get so many kills on TC when I ambush the tower with this weapon and the scope helps that range get sweeter.

Hope this all helped @Marc.

Reactions: Mikaya
I would say that the split roller is the best just because you cover a lots of area. Is a one shot one kill and if you run them over it's an automatic death. It's a great overall weapon it's speed is pretty good and it's ability is amazing. You get to turn into a giant squid that travels really fast and spreads Ink. Also you can climb up walls without having to shoot it to climb up.

Back