What are the pros and cons of Splatoon?

• Thread starter OtakuFallenAngel
  • Start date
OtakuFallenAngel

OtakuFallenAngel

Friendly Insane Unicorn
Towns Folk
Okay I REALLY want a new game and I'm thinking of getting Splatoon because a it sounds good and it's quite cheap.

But I'm not sure I need you guys to help me by telling me the pros and cons of this game. Many thanks......

Well Splatoon is considered a system seller by many, and I can see why. I'm just gonna list the pros and cons of Splatoon to make it easier to read. Most of these are my opinions.

Pros:
  • Creative modes to choose from.
  • Music is really amazing.
  • Many type of weapons.
  • Wearing gear to fit your play style.
  • Customization for your inkling.
  • It's quite addicting with all the levels and unlocks.
  • You can play with 7 friends at same time.
  • Splatfest is a fun event to earn free upgrades.
  • Single Player is actually fun and different than Multiplayer.
  • Really cool Miiverse support.
  • The Inkopolis News is nice, keep you updated events or new DLC.
  • Free DLC.
Cons:
  • Lack of Pro Controller functionality.
  • Can't play off-screen using the Gamepad.
  • Content locked away in Amiibos
  • No voice chat option, not even in Private lobbies.
  • No way to skip the Inkopolis News.
  • Can't leave a lobby once you joined one. You have to wait until the match is over to leave.

Reactions: Marc
Pros:
Fun, puzzly story mode.
Fun online matches.
Many different modes.
All the gear you can get.
All the weapons.
The funny script.
New updated & modes all the time.
I can go into more detail on how awesome online is, but I'll spare you, xD.

Cons:
Can't leave lobby.
No simple chat system in private matches.

That's about it. The game itself is a blast. You should get it for sure!

Hope I helped!
Yol Bulsun!
God Bless!

I don't have splatoon xD so I really shouldn't be commenting but from what I know:

Pros:
Fun Singleplayer
A fun game
Great Characters

Cons:
Meh weapon variety so far
Meh gamemode variety so far
No Voicechat

I don't know why I am so against Splatoon and so against getting it Dx I sound to bad!
In my opinion being Free to Play in TF2 instantly more content than splatoon and it's better than spending like 50 euro.
Sorry :'( people please don't spam hate Dx :bag:

I don't have splatoon xD so I really shouldn't be commenting but from what I know:

Pros:
Fun Singleplayer
A fun game
Great Characters

Cons:
Meh weapon variety so far
Meh gamemode variety so far
No Voicechat

I don't know why I am so against Splatoon and so against getting it Dx I sound to bad!
In my opinion being Free to Play in TF2 instantly more content than splatoon and it's better than spending like 50 euro.
Sorry :'( people please don't spam hate Dx :bag:

Lol, what do you mean no weapon variety? There's so many different weapons, lol.

No game variety? Turf War, Single Player, Battle Dojo, Splat-Zones, Tower Control, and that new mode I don't know what's called, lol. Seems like quite a variety... What's the mode variety in TF2?

Yep, TF2 has more content... It's on a better system & is a completely different game.

Splatoon is a blast. Don't judge off how much content there is, and don't judge off TF2, because they're completely different games.

Reactions: Furnix
thanks guys. i have wifi at the mo because im in a hotel, my house flooded so i wont play co-op mode when i get back so multiplayer mode wont be an issue. Thanks im deffo gonna get it.

thanks guys. i have wifi at the mo because im in a hotel, my house flooded so i wont play co-op mode when i get back so multiplayer mode wont be an issue. Thanks im deffo gonna get it.

Glad I could help!
God Bless!

Back