What Are Your FAVORITE and LEAST FAVORITE Characters to Fight Against?

• Thread starter RedWhaley14
  • Start date
RedWhaley14

RedWhaley14

The master of UwU was here.
Towns Folk
(I seriously hope this isn't done to death already, and if it is, I'm sorry. There isn't a recent thread about this though so why not?)

Super Smash Brothers has a humongous roster of characters, which in turn all have different attacks, playstyles, and (in turn), weaknesses for you to exploit. With all of these characters for one to fight as or against, that HAS to mean that some characters are way more enjoyable to fight against than others.

For example, one of my favorite characters to fight against has to be Donkey Kong. Everything about him was designed to be exploitable and easy to counteract, so he's super easy to combo, juggle, and camp. This makes him a blast to fight as you can often land super long strings and combos on him that you wouldn't even IMAGINE landing on other characters, and trying to dodge his powerful attacks and his Bair is also quite a nailbiting but enjoyable experience. Bowser, Ridley, and Ganondorf are also very fun to fight for similar reasons.

From fun to fight, we go to annoying to fight, and the Links have always been the absolute bane of my existence. I personally don't enjoy having to fight through a wall and maze of projectiles, and while some point to Samus and Snake for being similarly just as annoying, at least they don't have as many attacks that tilt me to no end as the Links do (though these characters are also not my favorite to fight). Links will just throw out Nairs whenever they want and spam Up Smash whenever they feel like it, Toon Link absolutely loves using his Down Air the moment he leaves the ground, Young Link will spam anything because his entire kit is good, and all love to Spin Attack whenever you manage to fight through their projectiles and sneeze on their shield.

Honorable mentions go to Little Mac for turning the match into a 7-minute camp fest on your end (which you HAVE to do in order to beat him sometimes), Palutena for having a simple gameplan that simply invalidates a lot of characters and a voice that will worry your parents if they hear you sending her flying, Incineroar for having a Side B that people will never stop spamming whenever you dare to approach them (and a Down B that powers up this Side B too), Sonic for being an already annoying character that also happens to have a gameplan that revolves around tickling you once and running away for the rest of the match, and Mario for his Uair, Bair, and Upsmash.

That's enough mindless ranting on my end, what about you guys? Which characters do you love (or don't love at all) fighting? It feels quite nice to be able to rant about the annoyances that some characters are, so feel free to do so!

Reactions: Deepak and Mizunil
I don't like fighting against terry. I don't really know why but he's confusing to fight against for me because i still don't know all his moves and i rarely see people use him. The links are annoying 100%. SO MANY PROJECTILES! Ness is a bit annoying (pk fire).
But any character can be annoying if someone keeps spamming moves. I mean, you can punish them and stuff but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

On the other hand, i really like fighting against hero. The whole game is just so randomized so you literally have no clue what's gonna happen. And i also like fighting against joker especially if i'm using joker too. Because the who game is just super fast. Theres just projectiles and fast movement and counters happening all over the screen and its really fun. I also usually like ditto matchups so that if they start spamming, i can too :D.

Reactions: RedWhaley14
Most characters to me just aren't that annoying. I guess I'd say characters with armor that get exploited just so I have less options to actually play the game like K. Rool or Little Mac. Projectile users I'm fine with. Top tiers I practice the matchup so I feel like if I lost the other player must be really good. Oh yeah I don't like sweaty Ness, Joker, and Hero. I might get used to it but it's DLC so I can only hope they get nerfed. Ness is probably the least feared of the three but I put him up there because he can literally just use a special move, hit you, and do massive damage. I think the other two can do the same but better.

Reactions: Deepak
Oh yeah I don't like sweaty Ness, Joker, and Hero
I like fighting against joker and hero while you hate fighting against them lol.

(I seriously hope this isn't done to death already, and if it is, I'm sorry. There isn't a recent thread about this though so why not?)

Super Smash Brothers has a humongous roster of characters, which in turn all have different attacks, playstyles, and (in turn), weaknesses for you to exploit. With all of these characters for one to fight as or against, that HAS to mean that some characters are way more enjoyable to fight against than others.

For example, one of my favorite characters to fight against has to be Donkey Kong. Everything about him was designed to be exploitable and easy to counteract, so he's super easy to combo, juggle, and camp. This makes him a blast to fight as you can often land super long strings and combos on him that you wouldn't even IMAGINE landing on other characters, and trying to dodge his powerful attacks and his Bair is also quite a nailbiting but enjoyable experience. Bowser, Ridley, and Ganondorf are also very fun to fight for similar reasons.

From fun to fight, we go to annoying to fight, and the Links have always been the absolute bane of my existence. I personally don't enjoy having to fight through a wall and maze of projectiles, and while some point to Samus and Snake for being similarly just as annoying, at least they don't have as many attacks that tilt me to no end as the Links do (though these characters are also not my favorite to fight). Links will just throw out Nairs whenever they want and spam Up Smash whenever they feel like it, Toon Link absolutely loves using his Down Air the moment he leaves the ground, Young Link will spam anything because his entire kit is good, and all love to Spin Attack whenever you manage to fight through their projectiles and sneeze on their shield.

Honorable mentions go to Little Mac for turning the match into a 7-minute camp fest on your end (which you HAVE to do in order to beat him sometimes), Palutena for having a simple gameplan that simply invalidates a lot of characters and a voice that will worry your parents if they hear you sending her flying, Incineroar for having a Side B that people will never stop spamming whenever you dare to approach them (and a Down B that powers up this Side B too), Sonic for being an already annoying character that also happens to have a gameplan that revolves around tickling you once and running away for the rest of the match, and Mario for his Uair, Bair, and Upsmash.

That's enough mindless ranting on my end, what about you guys? Which characters do you love (or don't love at all) fighting? It feels quite nice to be able to rant about the annoyances that some characters are, so feel free to do so!
I don't like fighting against Mega Man, King Dedede, and who can forget NESS. Basically any character with good projectiles. My favorite to fight against would probably be Little Mac. Little Mac is a bit of a challenge for my character, but not overly hard that it's not fun. I just like fighting against non-zoners. Joker is fun to fight though.

My least favorite characters to fight against are any heavy-weights, mainly because I am a Kirby main (I love how flexible he is in any situation) and often choose light-weight characters. Not only that but heavy-weights always have the upper hand with me, because unfortunately I can get easily trapped in certain situations that are really hard for me to get out of, especially when I'm against a heavy-weight.

My favorite character to fight against is Little Mac. I'll just spam Final Cutter & Stone (Final Cutter's projectile helps me throw off the enemy, then when he tries to go in for a swing, hit 'em with the stone down special.)

My least favorite characters to fight against are any heavy-weights, mainly because I am a Kirby main (I love how flexible he is in any situation) and often choose light-weight characters. Not only that but heavy-weights always have the upper hand with me, because unfortunately I can get easily trapped in certain situations that are really hard for me to get out of, especially when I'm against a heavy-weight.

My favorite character to fight against is Little Mac. I'll just spam Final Cutter & Stone (Final Cutter's projectile helps me throw off the enemy, then when he tries to go in for a swing, hit 'em with the stone down special.)
I wish my character had super armor :(

Reactions: Jisenku
Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Back