What are your favorite expressions in New Leaf?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
After unlocking Club LOL, you will find Dr. Shrunk on the dance floor during the morning/afternoon. Every day you give him a fruit in the game, he will reward you by teaching you an expression (total of 40).

My character hasn't been taught all, but my favorites are:
  • Pride
  • Showmanship
  • Outrage (you know, got to show it when someone is messing up your town)
What are some of your favorite expressions in Animal Crossing: New Leaf? :writing:

I love almost all of them (and I've unlocked them all), but if I had to choose:

Shocked (for those shocking moments)
Glee (I choose it over Sunniness for the music notes)
Resignation/Shrugging
Flourish (Twirling)

And I'll post my least favorites too:

Mischeif (the SFX for it is weird, and what's the point of it anyways?)
Sighing (it tends to come off looking sarcastic/fake 99% of the time it's used, even if you're not trying to be)
Disbelief (I think this is a new one to ACNL. Looks almost exactly like shocked, and I like shocked better)

Reactions: Marc
i like the laugh one and when u use it on animals sometimes they laugh also or they get mad :p but i like most all of them also.

The NPCs interact with almost all of the expressions. Sometimes it's fun to go into the department store and stand between Timmy and Lief and just spam emoticons and see their reactions. It's just easiest to test it on them since they won't move around like Villagers or Shrunk, and I'm not sure which other NPCs will react to it. I should go make a list or something. xD

My Favs!
IMG_0933.JPG IMG_0934.JPG IMG_0935.JPGIMG_0936.JPG

Reactions: Marc
Shrunk funk shuffle, of course! almost every npc in the game can do it

I love the expressions in Animal Crossing: New Leaf! They are exaggerative and hilarious!
Some of my favorites include:

Flourish -
latest
It seems like you're doing a little dance to say "Ta-daa!" or showing how awesome you are!

Mischief -
latest
The funny yet creepy expression and sound effect of this expression makes it even more mischievous and funny!
Shock -
latest
The extreme expression of shock gets me every time, it feels like I'm an actor who loves his job! *GASP*

Sneezing -
latest
The idea of walking up and purposefully sneezing on your friends and neighbors is always humorous!

Shrunk Funk Shuffle -
latest
You can have a dance party anywhere and anytime with this expression! When you dance, any nearby NPC's will also dance with you! (That's right, Phyllis, you're not as grumpy as you think you are!)

The laughing one

So many to chose from >w< I personally like Sheepishness, the Shrunk Funk Shuffle, Greeting and Mischief. I really like what they did in NL by letting us have 40 expressions instead of 4 like in CF, but they still aren't every single one available in the game. Also, getting them takes too long IMO, they could do something like the theater in CF and, by paying a small fee, we could get multiple (maybe up to 4) expressions a day.

Club LOL made me lol when I first entered, geddit, geddit? I'll stop, my puns are horrible. Mine would probably be shunk funk truffle. It's a pretty unique name, but it's definitely my favorite. It's very cool that being other villagers dancing around with you to start the ultimate flash mob.

I donno what it's called but I like the lovy dovy happy one. I do enjoy all the expressions tho cause they all look rather cute and funny. I hope that in the next game they come out with they put more into it and have a lot more cute ones, maybe some dancing ones would be nice so we can have like a dance party lol.

My favorites are probably showmanship ( because its so funny and fabulous) greetings (you gotta wave to your friends!) , and of course the shrunk funk shuffle (because it makes everybody dance and its hilarious) (☆^O^☆)

I haven't unlocked all of them either but my favorite ones are Pride (because the eyes on my character looks so funny when I'm doing this reaction) and Mischief (because I can finally imitate Rett :sneaky:)

Back