What are your hopes if they make Diamond and Pearl Remakes?

• Thread starter Mizunil
  • Start date
Mizunil

Mizunil

Born at a young age
Towns Folk
Title says it all, people have been predicting and hoping for Diamond and Pearl remakes for a while now. I haven't actually played through Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. If they do happen to come out or be confirmed, what specific things would you want them to add?

They knew exactly what they were saying :eyes2: " "

Personally I'm wondering:
- If they're gonna use dynamax for this (or any new game that comes out), or add back Mega's (Z-crystals seem unlikely). I wish they stuck to Mega's, I'd love to see more Sinnoh designs.

- A difficulty bar is also something I've been hoping they had for a while. It would improve the gameplay so much, many people say "X is too hard, or too easy", but a difficulty bar for easy, medium, hard (even an intense Nuzlocke mode :eyes:) would solve these issues.

- I don't want it to be in the "Let's Go" style, I would rather it looked more full-fledged.

Maybe you don't want these remakes at all, what are your thoughts?

Reactions: Duffy and phofufury
I don't really care if they make remakes. They are making soooo many remakes, and it's not bad, but they could make new games. It seems like last year and this year were full of remakes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mizunil
I would make sure the RNG engine is the same as the old games except at the Breeder town and the main difference is more Pokemon on Radar. Un-nerf Alakazam. Get rid of roaming Pokemon. Heatran can only make a cameo and give him to Charon. Add all legends as DLC instead. Legendary Battle can have new evolutions but you can't catch receive unless you complete the Sinnoh dex. Give every Elite Four member a Mega Evolution. Cynthia gets two and it might as well be a Double Battle 4 mons out best out of 3. Rematch Cynthia and she has Cresselia.

That being said I don't need the same Pokemon again. Heck a formula change would be nice.

Reactions: Mizunil
All I really want is for them to remove Dynamax, put Mega Evolution back in and give us more options regarding EXP. Share.

Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and Marc
PLEASEEEEE NOT IN THE LET’S GO STYLE!

Sorry but I had to say it. As gen IV was my first Pokémon games I have a gray amount of nostalgia towards it so my expectations are sky high. Despite that I honestly think Platinum remade in sword and shields engine would be really good. I can always hope for new and expanded areas too, I’ve explored every part of sinnoh like tons of times! I also hope megas come back, but I mean I think there’s very little. Hence if that and instead dynamaxing will probably remain (which I do not love).
Honestly I don’t know what I really want for this. My confidence in Game Freak has reallly been shaken since gen vii, so I’m in a reallly weird mix between hyped and scared.

Reactions: Mizunil and Marc
So the reason nintendo made let’s go was to help the people that came from pokemon go. Because they would stuggle a bit to understand the normal pokemon mechanics so this was supposed to be a transition game into the series.

So what I want is an option to toggle the “lets go” style on or off. Let’s go style as in made significantly easier for newbies. I also want some features to return such as riding your pokemon and pokemon following you.

And maybe no random encounters? I bet many people see that as the classic pokemon experience, but personally I dont like the random encounters. Especially when I encounter the same pokemon for the 54th time in the caves.

Reactions: Mizunil and Duffy
So the reason nintendo made let’s go was to help the people that came from pokemon go. Because they would stuggle a bit to understand the normal pokemon mechanics so this was supposed to be a transition game into the series.

So what I want is an option to toggle the “lets go” style on or off. Let’s go style as in made significantly easier for newbies. I also want some features to return such as riding your pokemon and pokemon following you.

And maybe no random encounters? I bet many people see that as the classic pokemon experience, but personally I dont like the random encounters. Especially when I encounter the same pokemon for the 54th time in the caves.
If lets go was only to let go players get acclimated to the main series, lets hope it never needs to have a sequel because Go has gone down in popularity.
I also want ride pokemon and pokemon following you to come back. No HMs please.
I wouldn't mind random encounters being gone but I don't mind them being there either. Maybe a slider to toggle how often then appear? They did this in bravely default and that was nice.

Reactions: Mizunil and Deepak
allow players to battle wild pokemon and gain exp without having to catch each one and have balls at all times.
to be able to breed pokemon and have egg moves that can be passed down like in ds games and also gain exp in daycare by walking with pokemon in them.
a remixed sound track meaning the same songs but using more modern style music.
gts and underground make their full return to the game.
the battle frontier returning , so that battle castle caitlin and her butler make a return.
that players have acess to payday move and the ability pick up so no have to completely rely on rematch pokemon leage for money in post game.
the vs machine and vs recorder key items are back and usable , the ability to record wifi battles within the game itself and save em to sd card.

Back