What are your new year's resolutions?

• Thread starter Crowing
  • Start date
Crowing

Crowing

World Ender
Towns Folk
As 2021 begins, have you made any new year's resolutions? What are they? I don't believe I ever followed through with my old 2020 resolution, so hopefully mine for this year will be more achievable.

It's nice to set goals for ourselves.

Reactions: Deepak
As 2021 begins, have you made any new year's resolutions? What are they? I don't believe I ever followed through with my old 2020 resolution, so hopefully mine for this year will be more achievable.

It's nice to set goals for ourselves.
I dont make any tbh. Why? Well there couldnt be an easier question to answer: its simply because i dont know everything that will happen so instead of expecting a so called fix i just handle things as they happen, plain and simple. Kinda hard to do something before you know whats going to happen so i just go by rolling with the punches so to speak, thats the only legit solution there really is overall

Reactions: phofufury
I dont make any tbh. Why? Well there couldnt be an easier question to answer: its simply because i dont know everything that will happen so instead of expecting a so called fix i just handle things as they happen, plain and simple. Kinda hard to do something before you know whats going to happen so i just go by rolling with the punches so to speak, thats the only legit solution there really is overall

You know this isn't the point of new years resolutions right? The point is to set goals for yourself, to motivate you do do something you aim for this year, to give yourself a to-do list if you ever feel a bit lost during the year. Everyone has goals for their life, work in x career, get married, etc. New years resolutions are just, smaller ones. Start learning a language, quit smoking, finish x project, etc. It's not about "fixes" or anything like that, it's to help lay out the year ahead of you. Nothing's stopping you from still handling things as they happen, you can still work on goals while all that happens. Even if you don't get all your tasks, it's not an "oh it's the end of the world!" situation, it's just an "oh well, there's always next year!".

For me, my goals are:

- To finish Fire Emblem 3 houses because goddamn I want to finish it so badly
- Get out there (virtually lmao) and meet new people/make new friends (I had a horrible time with this last year, and I want to try and make it better this year).
- Actually fully finish a game project this year, at least to a presentable state.
- Start clearing out my backlog of games slowly (achievement completing too in that).
- Actually properly be serious about learning Japanese and make a plan for myself with it for the year.

Quite a few things, but I've already started the second one, and the 4th in a way. So far doing good ^^

Reactions: Jisenku, Kalleh and Mizunil
My only goal is to not be such a fat piece of sheet

But hey, I'm two stone lighter now than I was this time last year, so that's a start.

Reactions: Jisenku, Mizunil and 28142
1) Work through my backlog. It's gotta be at 50+... But I'll try my best. I've got some advice and websites recommended from another forum, I'm just trying to get recommendations on which might be the best from Reddit (they are Backloggy, Grouvee, and HowLongToBeatIt).

2) Do better with my appearance/care more. Once I save up I absolutely need new clothes, but I'm planning on trying to get out of bed more on my days off, and just do better by my hair/skin.

3) Fix my crumbling social life lol. I took too many classes last semester, I had time for nothing. I missed my friends! Covid doesn't much help this, however... :(

Reactions: phofufury
my new year resolution is being vegan! i actually started a few days before Christmas, but hopefully i can keep it up. tbh, being vegan isnt bad, and im not "missing out" on anything either. Beyond Meat is pretty good, and meals made with vegetables is actually quite satisfying. I'm going vegan cuz, 1. my whole fam is, so i really have no choice XD and 2. a lot of animal products arent healthy like at all. They have so many chemicals and added stuff, its really horrible. (the way they produce animal products is quite horrible as well)

Reactions: Jisenku
Back