What can you use a keyboard on the Nintendo Switch for?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I found out that a company is making a keyboard for the Nintendo Switch. Last I heard, the Internet browser app was not available by default and you had to go through lengths just to get access to it.

If you're wondering, Cyber Gadget is behind the idea and the keyboard looks like :

q0EC9Q1.jpg

So for the average Joe, I'm wondering what use a keyboard is for the console.

I don't know I was curious too but I don't think you can do much with it

I think the sequel of Pokémon Typing Adventure (known as Pokémon Typing DS in Japan) might go well with this keyboard if The Pokémon Company planned to release it at some point.

If there a sort of chat app in the works (not sure if one exists already, though) for the console, the keyboard could be used for that. It looks pretty sweet. Similar to how Wii U chat works, perhaps. That's the only thing I could think of, rather than using an on-screen accessible keyboard.

USB keyboards already work with the Switch to some extent. You can use it typing things in message boxes when a digital keyboard usually pops up on screen. My guess is it'll be just used for that.

Either that or it will have some really crazy weird application. Like some sort of game that they want to have PC-like controls, ar a teaching typing game.

I'm not going to buy it myself, but I'm interested too see how it ends up being used.

Back