What character do you play as in Super Mario Maker 2?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date

What character do you play as in Super Mario Maker 2?

• Total voters
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
What character do you play as in Super Mario Maker 2? :eyes:

I don't have the game yet but it'd likely be Mario for me.. maybe Toadette since I've never played as it before.

Luigi's always an epic choice.

Reactions: Marc
What character do you play as in Super Mario Maker 2? :eyes:

I don't have the game yet but it'd likely be Mario for me.. maybe Toadette since I've never played as it before.
Mario all the wayyy. Luigi is fun too, but Mario? That's where it's at

Toadette, if I had a Switch + this game. I always prefer feminine characters. :D

I hear each of them move a bit differently? I don't know what the differences are, though.

Reactions: RedWhaley14
Toadette, if I had a Switch + this game. I always prefer feminine characters. :D

I hear each of them move a bit differently? I don't know what the differences are, though.
They actually don’t have any differences in terms of movement in Super Mario Maker 2. Outside of this game, Mario is a typical all-rounder, Luigi is a lot more slippery but has higher jumps than Mario. Blue Toad has a way faster run speed but has really gimped jumping ability, and Toadette has above average swimming capabilities, great traction, the ability to add an extra 100 seconds to the timer, and the ability to transform into Peachette with the Super Crown.

In Super Mario Maker 2 however, none of these changes are present and instead the characters are rather cosmetic changes. There was an oversight where Toad and Toadette would throw fireballs lower than Luigi and Mario would due to their slightly shorter height (this actually made it possible to create an impossible level that couldn’t be beaten by players online) but that has since been patched by Nintendo. As of now, they’re the exact same in terms of movement, so it’s more so based on preference rather than liking a character’s abilities (unlike Super Mario Bros 2 or Super Mario 3D World)

On Topic: I prefer using Toad or Toadette personally, but sometimes I’ll just go vanilla and use Mario. I just prefer Toad and Toadette for a reason I’m unable to explain lol.

Back