Ultimate What character/s do you surprisingly enjoy using In ultimate?

• Thread starter InfiniteDream
  • Start date
InfiniteDream

InfiniteDream

Smeargle In Training
Towns Folk
Super Smash Bros Ultimate is full of iconic characters, most are returning characters so I thought I knew what I would need to judge them as a character, but most have some very cool and much needed changes.

2 Characters (and an echo) that stood out the most to me are Robin and Simon/Richter.

Compared to Smash bros for wii u and 3ds, Robin feels much more versatile in abilities due to an attack speed Increase. The mainly used wind tome now recharges just from not being use, Also the new attack animations are also really nice. Now I don't feel vulnerable so often when playing as Robin against an agressive enemy.

When Simon/Richter where revealed, having never gotten into the castlevania series I wasn't really overjoyed, However for me it is always exciting to see old characters return to life. But I wasn't expecting to enjoy playing as these two so much, they have an odd moveset so it takes some adjustment, but once I figured out they are extremely good with medium ranged pressure, I started pulling off some insane comebacks.

Are there any characters that you were pleasantly surprised by in ultimate?

Inkling.

I thought she'd be a character I wished to main but didn't feel like maining but after playing with her for a couple of minutes, I noticed she's pretty fast, does decent damage and is fun to use.

Kirby and Shulk feel the same. It's kind of annoying to pick between Shulk's monado arts because it activates when I'm flying off the stage sometimes instead of letting me recover properly.

Reactions: InfiniteDream
None, because I don’t own the game, lol

Honestly, I should get it around Christmas time, so I’ll probably have an opinion by then. :p

If I had to choose without even playing the game, the one that might be most surprising is Isabelle. I’ve always liked her, and will probably have her as one of my mains. If she’s not a decent fighter, then that means I’ll have to get better. :hilarious:

Last edited:
palutena: she is now stronger, and her B and side B are more reliable now
also she has both counter and reflect in down B, wich is very usefull

incinerorar: he is the "grappler" of smash, i nee to practice with him

Inkling.

I thought she'd be a character I wished to main but didn't feel like maining but after playing with her for a couple of minutes, I noticed she's pretty fast, does decent damage and is fun to use.

Kirby and Shulk feel the same. It's kind of annoying to pick between Shulk's monado arts because it activates when I'm flying off the stage sometimes instead of letting me recover properly.

Yeah the new monado arts is gonna be hard to get use to for sure. Especially if you memorize the order they went by in 3ds and wii u.

Also I enjoyed playing inklings a lot more than I thought I would :p

None, because I don’t own the game, lol

Honestly, I should get it around Christmas time, so I’ll probably have an opinion by then. :p

If I had to choose without even playing the game, the one that might be most surprising is Isabelle. I’ve always liked her, and will probably have her as one of my mains. If she’s not a decent fighter, then that means I’ll have to get better. :hilarious:

I find isabelle to be pretty good! So I think you're in luck!

Also Palutena always had an interesting moveset, so im glad she got a buff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah the new monado arts is gonna be hard to get use to for sure. Especially if you memorize the order they went by in 3ds and wii u.

in reality , the new monado arts are easier to use, since you dont have to memorize anithing at all,

I find isabelle to be pretty good! So I think you're in luck!
yeah, the fishing rod is very dangerous, but if she fails with it ,its easy to hit her

Definitely Lucas. I was gonna try him out regardless, because I didn't get him as dlc during sm4sh's life, and I haven't had access to brawl in forever. He's super fun to play as imo, and I feel that his specials are way better than ness's.

pokemon trainer isabelle and simon were surprisingly good. I don't really like castlevania but simon(and richter) seem fun enough to use in super smash bros ultimate. I find it a whole lot easier to land tippers (somehow) with marth even though its probably no different to smash 3ds and wii u. Chrom seems doubly awesome but I can't use Chrom to save my life. Probably something to do with Chrom being the seveth fire emblem character in smash bros therefore I can't use him because seven is my unlucky number when It comes to games. I still enjoy using chrom though because it drives all my friends nuts when I spam aether and catch them in the combos that aether has

I think the only character that I thought got a whole lot better that I enjoy to play more than the other characters in the new game has to be Luigi. He gets a zair now and I think it's the best zair in the game on top of his ability to combo and stuff but not my most played just who I like. Robin is fun too when I played her to beat a challenge but besides all her strong attacks you have to wait for them to charge so I kinda don't want to play her in regular play unless it's a good matchup.

Back