What did you do when beating a tough part?

• Thread starter P2.0
  • Start date
P2.0

P2.0

BlueJ was here.
Towns Folk
Hiya peeps! P2.0 here coming atcha with another topic-thingy! :D

So, I know we've all had our share of games in the past, leading up till now. And, if there's peeps who've played some retro games like I have, you know that those things were geared to absolutely drill holes in your brain. D:

There's a bunch of games out there that have that one or two, annoyingly, infamous hard sections that either made us rage-quit, almost ( if not completely ) destroy our electronics, or not come back to play until a few weeks/months have passed. :(

BUT! When you DO make it by...SOUND THE TRUMPETS, AND MAKE WAY! GAMING MASTER COMING THROUGH!! :artist: So, my question is this: What hard part in a game have you summoned all your strength to beat? And what did you do to celebrate your achievement? :D

Reactions: Samster
I’d probably not count one part of this game, but I’m sure a lot of people remember when I was In the chat having a bunch of trouble beating nes remix for the emblem, I had soooooooo much trouble with it, and when I finally beat it I was soooooooooo happy :D

Reactions: P2.0
I don’t know if this counts, but one of my personal gaming achievements was beating Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy. I had fallen to the bottom from the finish line about 50 or 60 times, and I rage quit so many times, the stress almost killed me.

Then, it happened. I was at the end, and I didn’t have much hope, feeling like I’d blow it again. Then, against all odds, I made it past the obstacle. Naturally, I was keeping my cool on the outside, trying to finish up, but inside, I was totally trying not to freak out. I very slowly attempted to get past the next obstacle, and I succeeded. One more obstacle, the cell tower, and I would be done with it forever. I maneuvered extremely carefully up the obstacle, and once I was at the end, I made a leap of faith, praying I would make it. And, I did it. Once I beat the game and the credits were rolling, I literally almost cried because that game took up at least 200 or more hours of my life. That was probably my greatest gaming achievement ever as of now.

If not that, then Cuphead, 100%. Every time I beat a boss in that game, I felt such a surge of accomplishment, like I would blow up from happiness. Basically, every rage game I’ve played gives me so much joy whenever I beat a part of it. :p

Reactions: P2.0 and AricAttack
Beating champions road in mario 3d world was great. After dying so many times in every part finally getting to the end was a joy. A sigh of relief from me. Then i beat it as all the other characters, and felt awsome knowing i had mastered champions road. Its almost not too hard for me now.

I’d probably not count one part of this game, but I’m sure a lot of people remember when I was In the chat having a bunch of trouble beating nes remix for the emblem, I had soooooooo much trouble with it, and when I finally beat it I was soooooooooo happy :D

I don’t know if this counts, but one of my personal gaming achievements was beating Getting Over it with Bennett Foddy. I had fallen to the bottom from the finish line about 50 or 60 times, and I rage quit so many times, the stress almost killed me.

Then, it happened. I was at the end, and I didn’t have much hope, feeling like I’d blow it again. Then, against all odds, I made it past the obstacle. Naturally, I was keeping my cool on the outside, trying to finish up, but inside, I was totally trying not to freak out. I very slowly attempted to get past the next obstacle, and I succeeded. One more obstacle, the cell tower, and I would be done with it forever. I maneuvered extremely carefully up the obstacle, and once I was at the end, I made a leap of faith, praying I would make it. And, I did it. Once I beat the game and the credits were rolling, I literally almost cried because that game took up at least 200 or more hours of my life. That was probably my greatest gaming achievement ever as of now.

If not that, then Cuphead, 100%. Every time I beat a boss in that game, I felt such a surge of accomplishment, like I would blow up from happiness. Basically, every rage game I’ve played gives me so much joy whenever I beat a part of it. :p

Beating champions road in mario 3d world was great. After dying so many times in every part finally getting to the end was a joy. A sigh of relief from me. Then i beat it as all the other characters, and felt awsome knowing i had mastered champions road. Its almost not too hard for me now.

Pat yourselves on the back. You guys are super champions of gaming. :artist:

Reactions: Samster and AricAttack
*pats himself on the back

Reactions: P2.0
Usually when I get past a part in a video game that's really tough, I like to give myself a little treat. I go downstairs, to the fridge, and grab a little snack. Once I eat it, I like to lay on my bed for a bit, then get back to the game. Then I completely forget about what happened until I do it again.

Usually when I get past a part in a video game that's really tough, I like to give myself a little treat. I go downstairs, to the fridge, and grab a little snack. Once I eat it, I like to lay on my bed for a bit, then get back to the game. Then I completely forget about what happened until I do it again.
That sounds like me when I do... well, literally anything I consider an achievement. :hilarious: But yeah, I luvs me a victory snack!

One of my all-time favorites was when I beat Canary Mary's second race in Cloud Cukoo Land, in Banjo-Tooie on N64.
It was super tough if you're weak at tapping A. D: She'd beat me every time I'd try, until I my younger brother showed me his technique for button-mashing in another game. :artist:
That victory was so sweet~

Reactions: AricAttack and Samster
I remember attempting for days to fjnish it! I finally did it as Rosalina and then easily finished it as the rest of the characters. Mario was surprisingly simple. :hilarious:

Back