What do you do with the first slice of bread in a loaf?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I keep it in the bag and throw it away when the middle slices are done.

UnAMTWl.jpg

What about you guys? :eyes:

Reactions: Samster
I keep the 2 end slices and make croutons out of them. That or I save them and take them down to the lake near by to me for the fish and ducks.

mmmmm, home made croutons with some homemade soup..... Now I'm hungry..

Reactions: Kaynil, Mr. Kream and Marc
I eat it because I'm not a square.

It's nice :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mr. Kream
Dagnabit Marc, now I’m hungry for bread :eyes2:

Honestly, I like the middle pieces the most too. They have the most flavor, and overall feel better when you’re chewing on it. For me, I can’t stand crunchy bread. I like it soft, and delicious. So I almost never eat the end pieces either :p

I eat it without anything on it untoasted because I'm probably hungry when I open the bag. The end pieces are called heels btw.

Personally I like eating the first/last slices of bread almost like how I enjoy the middle slices. Granted, it's not as soft as the middle slices, but that's what makes it unique.

Reactions: Mizunil
Mostly everyone bypasses them in our house. But I eat em'. Especially when I want a sammich~ :hungry:

Reactions: Samster
I eat it because I'm not a square.

It's nice :thumbsup:
You got me feeling normal, yo :cool:

I like it, and will generally eat it, unless I'm at my parent's house where I'd avoid eating it because my mother probably wants it.

maxresdefault.jpg

That aside, @Marc, I can't believe you throw it away; that's wasteful!

AMERISPEECH ACTIVATED!
giphy.gif

*rubs index finger with other index finger in a jaunty, repetitive, and perpendicular motion expressive of harsh judgement and extreme tenacity*

I bet you're giggling all the way to the fridge as you read this, going, " you can't stop meh," butguesswaht...

One day, all your wasted bread's gonna come at you like that glass came at Leonardo Di Caprio in Django Unchained; he wasn't ready, and you won't be ready either!

MURICA!
source.gif

Reactions: Jisenku and Alex
I like to take the two ends of the bread out first thing and what it do is first I make a Nutella and peanut butter sandwich with it. Then I coat the outside of the sandwich with Nutella as well and put it into the sandwich maker. The Nutella on the outside crispens up very nicely. At this point I cut it in half and in the 5 minutes it takes for it to cool down I quickly make a glass of banana Nesquik.
I sit down with glass of ice-cold Nesquik and very warm Nutella and Peanut Butter sandwich and I dip the sandwich into the Nesquik like one dips biscuits into tea. It is HEAVENLY.

Reactions: Kaynil
I throw it away, Along with the end slice, Because they’re too chunky for my liking. I know that’s kind of a waste but it’s not really a big deal, Anyways.

I eat them. I keep them for a bit so the middle pieces don't go too stale, but I am fine toasting them or eating them with maple or some spread. Peanut butter and banana pan heated andwiches with the lids are pretty nice too.

I keep the 2 end slices and make croutons out of them. [...]
mmmmm, homemade croutons with some homemade soup..... Now I'm hungry..
Man, that's such a cool idea. I make salads often and we buy bread because my partner makes himself sandwiches.

Reactions: 28142
I just have them like normal pieces, but I usually save them until the bag is done :p

Hey @Marc, it's 2021, has all your wasted bread come back to haunt you yet? :sneaky:

• Funny
Reactions: Jisenku and Marc
Eat it? What else are you supposed to do, craft a machine gun out of it? I don't understand why this question needed to be asked. It's bread, you eat the bread, sounds like basic human knowledge to me.

As for machine guns, it's not possible. Believe me. I tried. Most I got was probation and a restraining order, you should learn from my mistakes.

Seriously, just eat them, there's a literal food shortage in some parts of the world and you're wondering whether nor not to eat the "heel" of a loaf of bread? That's a First World Problem for sure ;~;

Back