What do you love most about Super Mario Odyssey?

• Thread starter VirtulJordan
  • Start date
VirtulJordan

VirtulJordan

Pokemon Master
Towns Folk
There is no doubt one of the most desired Nintendo games of 2017 is Super Mario Odyssey. Just when you think a series is getting old, Nintendo will bring it out in a new amazing and creative light. Showing off new features and gameplay elements not present in other Mario games. It's perhaps the most open world a Mario game has gotten so far. So with all the love and praise for the game, what exactly draws people to it?

While there are a lot of things to love about the new game, my excitement for the game doesn't revolve around the gameplay, level design, of the new features. My love for this game comes from its theme, "Jump up, Super star"
It's an amazing song with a very talented vocalist. Every time I think about the theme of this game I get goosebumps of pure excitement.

But that's just my reason for loving this game, but I am interested in what others love about it. What has you wanting to get your hands on this on game day 1? is it the ability to take over enemies and objects? The vast open worlds with beautiful designs? The Wardrobe full of costume Mario will get to wear on his adventures? Be sure to let me know in the comments.

I'm excited to possess a human and take over his life. I'll love his wife more than he ever did, raise his child to become the next Mayor of New Donk City, become the CEO of his company. Then, when the host I have taken as Mario begins to die, he would pass on his hate to the son. No more game overs.

Besides that shameless copy of an old Mario Odyssey joke, I really am most excited to explore the capture mechanic. As a possible replacement for the Mario powerups that we know and love, I'd like to see how they hold up. The whole concept of cap-turing opponents seems so far fetched but from footage we've seen it looks like it works, and that's the most exciting part. I enjoy watching Nintendo take weird concepts and making them interesting, and I can't wait to see this one in Mario Odyssey.

Reactions: VirtulJordan
Well what's not too love Mario has a hat that can transform him to a Goomba and to a Rocket Bill and even too a T.Rex!People can probably say this is the best Mario game and probably the best Graphics for a Mario game.Theres no doubt that this game is everyone's favorite and that everyone will most likely be getting this if they haven't already.But I can safely say this is probably the best Mario game that has happened!

The hats are pretty awesome, and also I am absolutely 100% hyped for all of the new features there may be... only time will tell!
* Just realizing that I made a partners in time reference *

I think what I am most excited about in this game is the new ´capture´ability (according to Nintendo) that lets mario control different enemies. I am really wondering what different enemies mario will face and the way mario is going to finish each level. I think this has some sort of parallelism with mario abilities from other games.

Reactions: VirtulJordan and Chronal
The thing I like about Mario is his smile and his attitude he never gives up on any game unless some rookie turns off the game and stops playing because he sucks jk :n-omg: ,but the fact that Mario is always brvae and he is always try save the princess is loyalty because he always tries to save her at no cost and the princess which is Peach in return gives him a kiss in the cheek and he's alright with that and he's been my favorite hero ever since I was 5 years old he's the best character alive tbh.

I think the possession mechanic is pretty cool. If you don't think about it too much, it's a pretty neat concept!

I like the most 2 things: The fact that it's sandbox so I can go and do whatever I want (except progressing in the game to unlock all kingdoms), and the capture ability. The capture ability in particular is amazing because it replaces the power-ups we all know to make something new.

I really like all the costumes and all the fun environments. Mario's movement also feels really great and gives ya so many choices in how you want to solve something . Then you have so many moons to collect. It's just a fun game in almost every way.

The outfits and photo mode are great. So many great options for fun posts on social media. The ability to do 30 second recordings is great too. Share the joy with the world!

Dispite being easy til the part where you Start getting the later moons, it's great with good outfits and large spaces to explore.
But since everyone is saying that I will say the Things I hate
I hate that you wait a minute On the one screen about playing with straps,the fact that cappy reviews every move every single time you go to a new kingdom, People who tell you to look in the Guide(forgot name), and the fact that the darker side of the moon is easier that the dark side of the same moon

and the fact that the darker side of the moon is easier that the dark side of the same moon
That really depends on the person. Though for me, that is probably true. The only part of darker side i had problems with was the bird guy part, but there was a shortcut that makes that part easier.

Back