What do you people think of Nintendo Switch Online?

• Thread starter SS1o7crazydude
  • Start date
SS1o7crazydude

SS1o7crazydude

Pedia Mastermind
Towns Folk
What do you people think of Nintendo Switch Online?

I don't have it (or a switch for that matter) but it looks pretty good, if you ignore the fact that it costs money.

It's okay, and $20 a year is practically dirt cheap. However, it needs a lot of work to make it a better service. Having voice chat on the console itself would be a good start.

It's not good. You have to buy it if you want to play online, and it's 20$ a year which is not that much, but the problem is it's a cash grab. You don't really get anything from the service (except playing online and 30 years old NES games). To be honest, I expected it from Nintendo, because it's pretty much free money for them. Still sucks though.

Reactions: Phazon
It's not good. You have to buy it if you want to play online, and it's 20$ a year which is not that much, but the problem is it's a cash grab. You don't really get anything from the service (except playing online and 30 years old NES games). To be honest, I expected it from Nintendo, because it's pretty much free money for them. Still sucks though.
They need to keep adding older consoles to the subscription to make it more enticing (e.g. snes, gameboy/color & gba)
and also add games that people actually like or want, for example I could not find Pokemon Pinball on 3DS virtual console, nor did games like Super Mario All-Stars or Chrono Trigger come out on the Snes classic mini (I had to mod my snes to get chrono trigger & other snes games on it)

Right. Also, I forgot to mention that there are special offers, but they never specified what they are, so for now they don't really mean anything.

I think its decent..but they need tk release more games for it at a time instead of 4 at once.. And id love to see a chating system voice or text.. As well as an achievement or trophie type system would be sweet as well

The service was inevitable, it costs money to host online servers, so you have to pay to use them. The service is bad though, Nintendo's online servers were better for the Wii then the switch in some cases... But it's dirt cheap, at $20/year, it's much cheaper then Sony or Microsoft's service. Also they have the family plan which can make it even cheaper for 2-8? people a month.

I honestly don’t think it’s that good at all. I basically went totally soft enjoying Splatoon 2 before Switch Online released. Then suddenly, BAM. Now I have to pay $20 to enjoy a game I already bought. D:

Well I don't have a switch yet but from what I have seen a lot of the ideas they are going with really doesn't seem like good ideas. It has a lack of things that there is a lot of demand for and they tend to be ignoring that in order to get more and more money. It's a poor way of doing the online. We've been able to play online with others with out having to pay to do so and making it to where you have to pay for it now just doesn't seem right to me at all. I really think that they need to re-think the whole thing .

Reactions: Leej07
Back