What do you think about Fire Emblem Fates' Online Play?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Fire Emblem Fates should have online play and I know @pepy550 and @Taiiny have already tried the feature in their versions of the game.

What do you guys think about it? Do you think any improvements could have been made?

I'm already hearing about hackers in online play which sort of puts me off of playing it with randoms when I unlock it. I'm most likely just play it when friends when I gain access to it.

Just out of curiosity, how would you hack the game? are they using homebrew or something?
also there is an update in the works for new dlc coming soon so i think that will probably fix the hacker issue.

The hacking doesn't bother me too much but it shouldn't be tolerated in the tournaments. I mean hacking is everywhere. (Also this is my 1st post:cat:)

I'm also put off by the hacking, but since enemy-only skills and classes are banned online I can turn a blind eye, since they can't hack most of the really important stuff >.<

I suggest banning hackers on the spot. That would be a nice improvement, especially on JP server. Because I got the bad luck of wanting to inherit a Boss-Only skill (and I wasn't aware that it was Boss-Only at that time), I got flagged, and had to use the "Wipe Data" feature to lift the restriction, resulting in me losing 100+ hours of gameplay. Even now, I'm not even sure my save is not flagged anymore. So, that means that hackers can really screw up your save on JP if you don't have a list of the skills (which also tells you which ones to avoid).

Also, one thing: make the servers more stable. I had more 006-0502 on Fates than I did on Smash (Smash was throwing out 001-0502 and 006-0502, but it was pretty rare).

I'm also put off by the hacking, but since enemy-only skills and classes are banned online I can turn a blind eye, since they can't hack most of the really important stuff >.<
You will NEVER face somebody who have enemy-only weapons or Boss-Only skills, because once they're flagged, battles with them will always end up with them dropping after a while.

You will NEVER face somebody who have enemy-only weapons or Boss-Only skills, because once they're flagged, battles with them will always end up with them dropping after a while.
That's what I said :p

But it's impossible to ban hackers unless they use blatantly hacked stuff, the game doesn't recognize whether a character can actually get a skill legally or not, unless Ninty implements a system (should be as simple as making a table with possible values) that indicates exactly what a character can become.

That's what I said :p

But it's impossible to ban hackers unless they use blatantly hacked stuff, the game doesn't recognize whether a character can actually get a skill legally or not, unless Ninty implements a system (should be as simple as making a table with possible values) that indicates exactly what a character can become.
Oh, nevermind then.

Actually, that's what they should do. Getting banned while you played legally simply because you inherited a hacker's skill is unfair.

Oh, nevermind then.

Actually, that's what they should do. Getting banned while you played legally simply because you inherited a hacker's skill is unfair.
Not to mention, adding skills through cheating is easy enough, removing them on the other hand...

Preventing cheating is exactly why pacey and I were discussing rules :p

Not to mention, adding skills through cheating is easy enough, removing them on the other hand...

Preventing cheating is exactly why pacey and I were discussing rules :p
Not to mention that since it's a 9.6+ game, Save Managers won't work, so it's not as easy as thinking: "Hey, my save has been illegally altered, so, I'll just re-insert my old clean save!", thus meaning that wiping all of your data is the only way to go.

Unless you use the 3ds's save backup feature :p

Though afaik, i think what's flagged are the boss skills, classes and weapons, not your save itself

Unless you use the 3ds's save backup feature :p

Though afaik, i think what's flagged are the boss skills, classes and weapons, not your save itself
True, but it does ban the entire save data (so, all of your files). Also, should have thought sooner about it (using the 3DS's backup feature).

True, but it does ban the entire save data (so, all of your files). Also, should have thought sooner about it (using the 3DS's backup feature).
It does? :eek: huh, didn't know

It does? :eek: huh, didn't know
Yes, at least, for me, it did ban all of my saves. Including my Lunatic Classic ones, so, I was overjoyed to find out I was good for another round of "Strategies & Resets: The Game".

Yes, at least, for me, it did ban all of my saves. Including my Lunatic Classic ones, so, I was overjoyed to find out I was good for another round of "Strategies & Resets: The Game".
Yikes :eek:

But then, i guess no skills are as broken as the boss only skills, good call on Ninty, but they still should have prevented other skills from being bought on characters that cannot get them legally >.<

Reactions: D4rkDragon
I tried it out a bit and thought it was pretty fun. I like the idea of being able to see with other people are doing with their home base , the being able to battle them and gift gifts is a nice touch too. I think they did a good job in putting it into the game. I hope if they do another one they improve on it a bit more and find ways to make it even better.

Unfortunately, the online play is region locked so we can't battle European games...

Back