What do you think about Horde and Sky Battles in Pokemon X/Y?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Pokemon X and Pokemon Y will have horde and sky battles. They're two new battle modes.

What are your thoughts?

I think that it's pretty interesting. Unique from the previous games, so that will add more excitement if you're in to the sky battles.

Well it will be quite a Challenge, depending on how you train.

I think it's a great addition because the game needed some extra features. Though, I'm still iffy about the Horde battles, lol. :D

It's good that they're putting in new modes. They look somewhat cool.

I think they are pretty unique and interesting. We'll just have to wait and see if they are as fun as they look.

I think they are pretty unique and interesting. We'll just have to wait and see if they are as fun as they look.
Yeah, I can imagine Sky Battling being fun. But, I would like to see how hoard battles are doing to be.

I think that's just awesome. They're really coming up with a lot of ideas for X and Y. I'm expecting this to be an amazing generation. <3

I am guessing that only Pokémon who can fly can do sky battles. Also, horde battles seem great for grinding. These two new battle types are great additions to the game.

I really wanted this feature for the longest while, I love it,I find it very creative and unique just like how Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald game had underwater Pokemon encounters.

I am not much of a fan of horde battles or sky battles because my flying Pokemon on my team is always an HM slave and as for horde battles, I don't like them because I rarely have a Pokemon on my team that can attack all 5 Pokemon at once.

They were pretty gimmicky although Horde battles can be useful. I hated only having to fight with Vivilion only so I skipped them and faced the ones I skipped with stronger OP lv.100s after I beat the game. Sky battles should never catch on competitively unless it's a mono flying type match. Inverse battles are interesting but confusing so I don't really like them either. Perhaps those will catch on.

Question: Is Smack Down/ Gravity an insta-kill in Sky Battles?

Horde battles are a good way to EV train Pokemon pretty quickly. Sky battles are alright, and I wouldn't mind seeing more variations too (sea battles for example).

Horde Battles is a pretty good way for EV Training Pokemon quickly. Also, you can use Hordes to find Hidden Ability Pokemon, etc. Battling Hordes for EXP is an okay way of training. Not really worth it IMO. Horde Battles is useful once the you complete the game.

Sky Battles are okay. I really don't like honestly. It's a cool new mechanic of battling, but it really didn't affect my hype of XY.

Back