What do you think about people throwing the game?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
There are two ways people do this:

1. The most annoying to upset people.

They join a match with the intention of losing the game to have the entire team lose their rank.

2. They give up at a certain point during the match without even trying further

Even if you think it's hopeless, the last 30 seconds of a match can be game changing. I've seen it happen a lot of times before. My team made the last minute push to win the game in a hopeless situation, as well as enemy teams doing the same and making me want to shout at my team. I know some people here know how it is.

So what do you think about people who 'throw' their matches in Splatoon?

Reactions: Mizunil, Kaynil, Mikaya and 1 other person
I think that the first category are scumbags. Like, who the freak would get sick pleasure out of losing a match, just to hinder other players? An absolute piece of garbage, that’s who. :eyes2:

The second category can be understandable in some situations, but you still shouldn’t ever give up. After all, anything can happen in the end game.

Generally, these types of people seriously annoy me, unless they’ve got a darn good excuse as to why they did what they did.

Reactions: Mikaya
There are two ways people do this:

1. The most annoying to upset people.

They join a match with the intention of losing the game to have the entire team lose their rank.

2. They give up at a certain point during the match without even trying further

Even if you think it's hopeless, the last 30 seconds of a match can be game changing. I've seen it happen a lot of times before. My team made the last minute push to win the game in a hopeless situation, as well as enemy teams doing the same and making me want to shout at my team. I know some people here know how it is.

So what do you think about people who 'throw' their matches in Splatoon?
I agree, however if it was a legitimate disconnect, I can understand. But if they just rage quit or give up, then I’m annoyed, especially when we’re like 10 points behind in tower control or splat zones and there’s just people just stand there at the spawn squid partying and we only have like 30 seconds left and we take the zone(s)/tower and we run out of time.

I think people that try to lose on purpose should be able to be reported in Splatoon by other players so that they can be temporarily banned from playing. But if you have a relatively high rank then people with your same rank probably wouldn't try to lose on purpose especially as ranked battles get more competitive as your rank increases.

What do I think about them? It makes me want to literally go find them, and headbutt them in the mouth as hard as I can. :eyes2:
If you're gonna get butthurt just because you lose/are losing a match by a few points, and you don't want to even TRY to save it, your device should explode in your face, and your hands should go numb.

And putting your teammates in jeopardy because of your tantrum is inexcusable. I'd rather fight than be a coward. >.<)/

Reactions: Samster
honestly i don't think i've encountered anyone who has thrown a match. maybe I am being to easygoing about it, as i assume most people who throw from the start are just people who are inexperienced or like their brother is playing or something. as for at the end of the game, I can't really blame them. not much you can do if you are being destroyed by the other team, which is usually the criteria needed for someone to throw at the very end. (also no i don't throw i just kinda understand why they would throw (not saying its justified))

But if you have three cracks in your rank meter and the orange juice in the meter only just barely passed the OK line, you might just lose because you're not going to win enough games to rank up as just one loss may cost you starting the rank meter all over again.

It's like trying to win 5 times in a row without losing once. Very difficult. You might as well just start from the beginning of the rank meter as all of those wins after reaching the OK line will be a waste of time as just one loss may ruin your hard work if you have 3 cracks already.

Luckily I barely see people throw games, its pretty annoying in general. Why give up so quick, or even play the game at all if you're just going to leave? If its from Wi-Fi/power issues that's understandable, you can't really control that. I will say though I have seen people leave in the last 5 seconds (as the scores being announced) and although its kinda dumb, it makes it so that the losing players ranks don't drop. The bar stays the same since someone on your team left, which is funny and oddly useful at times.

But ultimately, please don't rage quit :cool-pika:

This is something that happens in many online team games. I try not to get too mad because usually they are just trolls and people giving up. I just try to find anew lobby after this happening.

Super annoying. If you're gonna give up, then why play at all? The point of overtime is for last minute wins. The tides of the game can change at literally any second. You get too confident and goof off, BOOM, rainmaker to your base and you lose. When people give up and disconnect, you don't rank down. But when they stay in the game and just try to squid party or something, it's even more annoying because you'll definitely get a crack in your rank bar. So in conclusion, don't throw the game. It doesn't matter what the reason is. Just try.

Reactions: Mizunil
Dude your mom paid good money to get you to get this game and you think your mom would be disappointed when it turns out you try just as hard at life as you do at this game. It takes some nerve to pay for internet and go on just to make sure someone didn't earn their rank and end up grinding on someone's team where the persons involved run away. Then again nothing in the world is perfect or used as intended so that is the existence of Murphy's law. Just know even if someone throws the game many people would just play again for a better form of competition.

• Funny
Reactions: Mizunil
Back