AC:NH What do you think about people who use your design ideas?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
There's been a lot of debate on the Internet about people who see someone's island designs in Animal Crossing games and use 'em. It could be the way you make your layout in a specific area or how you put down your paths around buildings etc.
The concept of expecting people not to use your decorating ideas in New Horizons is wild to me. I genuinely hope people see my ideas and want to use them.
I can't remember how common it was in New Leaf, but there are a lot of people who get upset when others take their design ideas in New Horizons. I've seen screenshots of people saying they're going to use the ideas and then the designer saying not to and to get inspiration instead, but they said they're going to do it anyway.

I'm curious what you think about these people :eyes:

If you don't want people to use it, don't post it online simple as that.

For something like this, pixel art, it's very very very easy to copy and make it yourself. It's also not like you can easily make money from it anyways (though there are ways of doing that ngl) so where's the harm?

It's not like I'm playing someone else's Switch so why should I care. I'd be happy if someone used my patterns/designs if used in context properly. Now that I think about it why would that matter either. If I worked hard on it and it was basically a custom emblem I always use for some reason then I wouldn't like it because it's my personality. I'd never share it though. If it was like a portrait of my pet I might not like it either but how on earth could that be replicated ya know?

Reactions: 28142
Back