Splatoon 2 What do you think about Rank X in Splatoon 2?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Seems like a good way for high ranked players to keep playing if you ask me.

If you are ranked S+ 10 to S+ 50, you'll automatically be promoted to Rank X in rank battle mode. The progress bar will be no more and should be replaced with a numerical X Power. Winning will increase this number while losing will decrease it. The names of the 500 best players will be displayed in the SplatNet 2 app.

Each month, the X Power will reset to "measuring" and if you do not pass the minimum requirements, you're going to be kicked to S+ 9. You can also lose your X Power if it falls enough during the middle of the month.

What do you guys think about Rank X in Splatoon 2?

To me, it honestly seems way too complicated. But, who am I to judge? I'm only ranked at A+. I mainly stopped playing this game and have had little interest in it since I got it. Because my internet has the world record for the slowest internet in the world, I've been kicked from 95 out of 100 games. Eventually, I stopped trying because I didn't want to ruin the experience for others. But, my point is that this looks like a ton of fun for gamers who like to keep tabs on this game daily.

This is really good for people who want to take the game seriously . This X rank stuff sort of reminds me of placements in Overwatch. Plus with it "resetting" each month it gives these players more of a reason to keep playing the game. For me personally I will never reach this level as I am nowhere near as good as you need to be for it. I will check out the list when I can to see if any of my serious playing friends make it on!

Reactions: Kadaj
I like that there's a rank that's really hard to get. I can set it as one of my end-game goals and it gives me something to grind towards. And of course, you can flex with that X rank.

Back