What do you think about the new graphics style on x and y?

• Thread starter Panguinix
  • Start date

Are the battle animations good?

• Uh, YEA!

Votes: 17 94.4%
  • Eh, Too much 4 meh.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I never focused on battle animations.

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
P

Panguinix

NintenPedia Member
Towns Folk
I think the graphics style in X and Y is perfect, not overwhelming, but just right.
What about you?

I loved the style of the battle and battle animations because they finally had pokemon doing actions like in B and W but details like pokemon stadium which made it awesome finally we can have a good handheld detailed pokemon game thanks to the power of the 3ds.Pokemon aren't pixelated like in B and W and have good detail but not moving in HS and SS.My favorite animation for the battle scene is Brave Bird.Overall these battle styles are AMAZING:nailbiting:

Cel shading for the win !
the animations looks gorgeous and the pokémon even more, seriously even the most hated pokémon look good on X/Y ( except for you jynx :thumbsdown: )
my favorite pokémon animation is Mr.mime it's just hilarious !
and my favorite move animaion has to be Reatliate it was just "Sudden" the first time I saw it !

They are great. Better than Stadium graphics by a mile and some of the animations are okay but I still like the battle animations in Colosseum a little better.

They are good and wonderful.

I really like them. They certainly work out and look good, imo.

Cel-shading was perfect for X/Y.

I like them, the only problem is that when I turn the 3D on, it gets all slow, so I never play Pokémon Y in 3D. But I love it that they finally look a bit like the battles in the anime!

I think that game wasn't polished. After working for 3 years, they would at least make a less lagging engine >_<

I was glad to see a full 3D game. I was starting to get tired of them just making the sprites nicer.

well the graphic are stunning! but, a 3D depth-environment would push the marks flying. but as it is now is good, no, excellent!

I think they are pretty cool.

They look amazing and wonderful.

I loved X/Y's engine. Although I do hope they eventually make a sprite Pokémon game again, something about them is charming.

I adored the graphics style in X/Y, especially seeing how they the game's animation has grown, from Pokemon Emerald, to this, I think is a huge accomplishment. I am excited to see what Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire has in store for us!

I think they are great and perfect but I wish for frame rate and 3d animation

The graphics in XY turned out great, a big evolution in the series, i also like when the animation focus on the pokemon in battles so you can see the gender differences :thumbsup:, the bad thing is that it lacks 3D animation in most parts of the game, but that may change in the future.

When I first saw the trailers for it, I rejected the new style outright. Now, however, I think it's an amazing technological leap for pokemon, and couldn't imagine it being any different. :)

Initially, I was really skeptical about the new art style. It seemed like such a huge leap from the original top down perspective. I have to say though, the game looks really good. GameFreak did a huge job in creating such detailed 3D sprites. There is some lag from time to time, especially on multiplayer/multi-Pokemon battles but it is not too bad. The engine should be optimized though for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire though so that we can flawlessly enjoy the world of Pokemon.

I love most of the animations. the ones I don't like are the ones that take a long while like Brave Bird for instance. I also Don't like how long the animations take when you enter elite four rooms.

Yeah the Elite 4 animations really killed it for me. I usually like grinding the Elite 4 to train up Pokemon, but all the animations drag the sequence out too much. It's the only reason why I switched over to Restaurant Le Wow for all my training needs.

Back