What do you think about the new RainMaker game mode in Splatoon?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
The new RainMaker game mode should be available now in Splatoon and if you play rank battles online, you should find it. If you're under level 10, you haven't unlocked rank battles yet >.<)/

It's my favorite game mode for ranked battles so far. I just think that people who play it for the first couple of times should read its rules to know what it's about instead of making the entire team lose :/

What do you think about this new game mode?

I love this mode, it's so much better than Tower Control imo. I'm not the type to stay in one place while defending, in this mode I can move around with powerful weapon. The bubble protecting the Rainmaker was a amazing idea, you can rush to it to burst it or wait until it pops to go for the kill. I also love how the stages have 2 or more routes to take, so your enemy can't just "camp" on one area. I'm so glad all these modes required lots teamwork, it's what make the game so much fun!

I love it! It's very fun. The idea of it was very creative, and landing your team a KO is very satisfying. I would like to see new maps that will work better for this mode, though.

Me and my brother (Who I just saw today after all summer), played like three hours straight. We played Rain Maker the majority of the time, it was fun ;3

i love rainmaker only played a few matches tho i tried it first when i was playing with @P2.0 and i found it really fun so now is my favourite mode because towers is almost never here so meh i still like towers as my second favourite mode and rainmaker rules for ever and if u excuse me i think ill go see if there is a rainmaker match ongoing

Oh, I remember playing that with @Jotape™ ! It was a blast, he's an excellent partner. :cat: The other guys/girls would great as well, just wish they wouldn't be so scared to move when take out the opposing team, lol. XD. I bet if more Pedia members team up, we can go for a win streak if we discuss strategies!

Reactions: KnighddDd
Rainmaker is very similar to Tower Control, expcept you are the tower. You don't even have to follow a route like the tower does, making it faster to get to the destination. Its fine that you can shoot just like the Inkzooka, which is a super that I am terrible with. However, your location is given away all the time if you hold it, and you are pretty much dependent on your team. What I like is that you can burst the shield and any enemy around you gets Splatted. Such fun mode but pretty hard.

I have been one of those unlucky people who got connection problems after the update and I have not been able to try it yet and it looks so fun! I would love to try this mode but it would take like 100 30second matches to actually try the stupid mode(which is fun) lol--kill me.

Well rain maker is better than Tower control (or whatever its called) I don't Splatoon that much but my favorite mode is Rain maker. But my teammates doesn't guard me when I have the rain maker. So mostly I just quickly run to the spot you put the rain maker. Some times only 1 teammate protects me.

"I don't like it, I love it" xD

It's one of the most fun type of Ranked matches to me. There's a ton of strategy to it and one wrong mess-up could mean the match. Not to mention how tedious of a process it is; slowly making your way to the other team's goal. Certain maps, however are insane when playing Tower control on 'em, such as Kelp Dome. :panda:

I'll be honest, I'm not really a huge fan of this mode, because, it's much more harder than Tower Control and Splat Zones. Getting rid of the shield takes a lot of effort, and getting splatted by it (when you happen to be near it) when the opposing team penetrate it is a pain. I like the fact that's an OP weapon, but you need a decent team to help you make a path (and protect you from attacks) to the stand in the enemy's territory. You're an easy target when you have the rainmaker, as all a full team of enemy squids try to get it off you. Isn't it annoying when you/your team destroy the shield and a squid from the other team swipes it from right under your nose? :p

After playing it a bit over time, I actually really love it?

I'm really bad when I'm the one with the weapon, but it sure is fun to play. I like having an objective being a team mate to defend. It enforces team spirit =3 It's less "Everyone goes their own way" and more "lets all work together on that"

I love to play this mode in ranked battles. I like to use a weapon with bomb rush so that when ever an opponent gets the rainmaker I throw all my bombs on them. Or I like to use the splat roller so that when they get the rainmaker and hit a corner I like to run over them and their team. I just really love how splatoon makes new updates about every week so u never know what to expect. So yah I really like the new mode rainmaker.

I think it's cool

Rainmaker is my second favorite ranked mode in the game. (The first being Tower Control). It's really awesome that it shoots a tornado type thing. The Rain maker has such a very very cool design. It looks like the head of the hydra.

My friends and I play RainMaker in private matches a lot.

I was so glad that you couldn't spam the shooting because you need to let it charge a little bit.

RainMaker is such a good time

I hate it. I can never hold on to that blasted rainmaker long enough before someone splats me. Heck, I can't even get to the rainmaker without being splatted. Like seriously, I just respawned, must you splat me now?

Honestly though, I dislike all the ranked mode games. Why is there no ranked Turf War?!

Woah 6 years ago when rainmaker was new :hilarious:

I think it’s a really good mode! It’s a very team-oriented game mode. Even if you’re an amazing player you need a good team to help you push the rainmaker forward. I’m not that good at using the weapon, but I think it’s a cool concept and how op it is in certain aspects.

Rainmaker is probably my favorite ranked mode. I like how you can finish the game super early if you coordinate a good push or if you just sneak past everyone somehow. And the rainmaker itself is a pretty cool weapon but it's hard to use.

Back