What do you think about the smartphone app Pokemon Masters?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I think the smartphone app, Pokemon Masters, is now available on Google Play and Apple's App Store.

Has anyone downloaded and tried it yet?

I heard it's a gacha game, so I'll probably stay away from it after my experience with Dx2 Shin Megami Tensei: Liberation. Pokemon GO makes a lot of money daily, so I don't think they're going to hold back with microtransactions in Pokemon Masters.

Anyway, for the people who tried it out, what do you think about it?

Reactions: Samster
Looks great

I myself havth tried it yet, but it’s a gacha game, and like you, I haven’t had the best experiences with games like that. So, I’ll most likely steer away from this one, considering Pokémon just loves to torture people with in app purchases.

I haven’t had the best experiences with games like that.
How come?

You're in the US right? Not even going to download it to see what it's all about?

I was going to download it to just get a taste of what it's like (to talk about it mostly), but I would have tried to stay away from it after I saw what all the buzz was about. Only reason why I'm not desperate to get it is because I'm too lazy to set up an APK for it (not worth it) and as you'd guess by reading that, it isn't available in my country's Google Play Store.

I'd download it if it didn't require an iOS update I can't get. :p

Reactions: Marc
I love it, my favorite part about it is "Your device isn't compatible with this version." -_-

Reactions: Marc and Danominator
Given the prices you had to pay for things in Pokemon Shuffle, I'd be concerned about in-app purchases too. :-/

Another pathetic attempt at milking the franchise and ripping people off with stupid in-game purchases. I dread the day when they add microtransactions to the mainline games.

Reactions: Mikaya and 28142
I have it on my phone, haven't played it yet. I don't think it's gonna be worth playing though, considering how apparently to get a good experience you're gonna have to cough up some cash (something I can't really do). Too bad the only times they have old trainers return has been through luck of some sort (Mobile games/Pokemon Cards).

I was going to download it to just get a taste of what it's like (to talk about it mostly), but I would have tried to stay away from it after I saw what all the buzz was about. Only reason why I'm not desperate to get it is because I'm too lazy to set up an APK for it (not worth it) and as you'd guess by reading that, it isn't available in my country's Google Play Store.
https://apkpure.com/pokémon-masters/com.dena.a12026418

@BlueJ Did you read my whole message?
Marc said:
because I'm too lazy to set up an APK for it
Plus I wouldn't download something from any and every download site.

Back