• Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Zarude was just revealed as the new mythical Pokemon in Pokemon Sword & Shield:

9SAPVwJ.jpg

It's a Dark- and Grass-type Pokemon:
This Mythical Pokémon lives in a pack deep in the dense forests of Galar. It treats anyone that isn’t part of its pack with immediate hostility. When fighting, Zarude swings around from tree branches, attacking relentlessly with its sharp claws. Its quick wit helps it excel in battles. Zarude is only available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, and can’t be encountered in regular gameplay.

I doubt it's as fast as Greninja, but I'd love it if it was faster so it could OHKO it with a grass-type move. It definitely looks like a sweeper. It better get a unique high-power move too.

What do you think about this new 'mon?

Reactions: SmugWolff
I feel like Zarude would be better off as the final evolution for a common or rare 'mon instead of being it's own mythical
Looks cool and will probably have pretty good stats but this generations mythicals don't look that good
Also it's ability is pretty useless to me since changing weather is too much for me lol

Reactions: Marc
Mmm, yes, 4x weak to bug. In my opinion, if it has good enough stats it can take on a boatload of Bulky mons because of its typing for Milotic, Hippowdon, Arctovish, Giga Lapras. I never use most Mythicals so I don't have hype for this mon but if it was ever allowed in a VGC format I would question it. More reason to not use Shiftry.

Reactions: SmugWolff
It looks like an angry boss from Castlevania.

I think I can agree with how you described it. It looks like it would be a very fast Pokémon that would go out in a flash if hit hard enough. Especially with the weakness to Bug types it's going to have. Although I think it would be interesting to see if it has any abilities similar to Greninja such as changing types with the move it is using or something.

Back