What do you think is the hardest puzzle in The Legend of Zelda?

• Thread starter Samster
  • Start date
Samster

Samster

*secretly has a crush on Marina
Towns Folk
Hey, all! Samster here, with a completely random topic! (That’s just how I roll, lol~)

SO! The Legend of Zelda is a series we’re all acquainted with. We always have the enemies, Ganon steals the princess, Link has to save her, etc. HOWEVER! We also have one of the best elements in the series, which are the lovely puzzles scattered throughout! :kermit:

In the classic Zelda games, you always had to get a specific item in the dungeon you were at, and utilize it to solve all the puzzles thrown in your face. Nowadays, it’s a little bit different. :redpanda:

In newer games like Breath of The Wild, you can find Shrines all over the map, and you have to (in most cases) use your collection of Runes to get the job done. There’s been an absolute heck ton of puzzles in the entire series. What was the hardest puzzle you’ve ever encountered?

If I had to choose one, I’d say it was navigating through the fog in Phantom Hourglass. That puzzle was brutal. ;~; I would just wander in circles for ages, never seeming to find the correct path. .o. But I persevered, and finally beat it! :artist: Hey, it doesn’t matter that it took me three hours, what matters is that I did it! :'P

Anyhoo, what’s the hardest Zelda puzzle you’ve ever tried? Make sure to include if you actually completed it or not! :p

Reactions: P2.0
Well, most Zelda games I haven't revisited in a while, so I can't give a good answer on them. But the ones I had the most trouble with, more than anything else that I DO remember is the Water Temple from OoT, as well the one from Twilight Princess. ;-;

My first time going through the one on N64 was pretty twisting. Not even my older brother, who was an ace at it, could give me good advice as to what to do. Just "wander around for a bit". :'v ...I wandered in that dungeon for hours to almost a full day ( Adding them up, of course ), trying to figure out how high or low the water needed to be before I could progress. :c

Twilight Princess was about the same. Shutting the water off in one place opened another possible route, and I was going back and forth. I wanted to give up so many times and quit the game all together, lol. But the gamer hero inside me wouldn't allow it. :hilarious:

Reactions: Samster
The Water Temple in the Master Quest is my favorite. It has a lot of puzzles involving the Longshot but if I told you exactly then Nintendo would want to kill me for making the puzzles too easy and ruining their fun of trolling gamers for years to come. I also think one of the "puzzles" involving getting a Skulltula in the Fire Temple took some extreme skill to get and you needed to remember the Scarecrow song to get it. I went through that before finding the path to the boss but hey I enjoyed it like a true manly gamer.

I haven't played much of the other Zelda games I owned but the Four Swords DSi game is incredibly hard as well even though the puzzles are simpler but time consuming the enemies and hazards are so diverse it's like a harder NES game.

Back