What do you think on Mii Fighters?

• Thread starter Starry Windy
  • Start date
Starry Windy

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Towns Folk
Mii Fighters (which consists of Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner) started their debut on Super Smash Bros. 3DS/Wii U, and even now they're part of the roster in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. With Mii Fighters, you can "invite" other characters like Naruto, Takamaru and K.K. Slider to join the Smash, or you can even create unique fighters of your own.

What do you think on Mii Fighters? Do you use them in the battle? Discuss away.

Well I don’t use them much, but since only way I can use geno from super Mario rpg is by a costume for Mii. I bought the geno costume. So I mostly play them for costumes. But they are good fighters so I might try them out on these games, and maybe get the geno costume in it too

I use Mii Gunner like crazy and just Mii Gunner. In Smash 4 they weren't as strong as in Ultimate but Mii Brawler was really fast and killed really early with helicopter kick. Now they are still pretty good but they nerfed some of the specials or just put some more lag on them so they are mostly better with their standard moves. Mii Gunner has so many useful moves that are fairly safe that unless you have a reflector or multiple jumps to avoid pressure you're going to have trouble. Up air covers high recoveries, Side B fire covers ledges, F smash covers getups, and nair is a decent combo starter and gimping tool. It's kill moves are useful and really strong so if you know how to space or approach with this character they will suit you well.

Mii Swordfighter lacks range and relies more on specials because of it but it leaves you with a lacking recovery if you want to kill early. The ring Side B is useful for kill setups besides the basic Wind B to Hero Spin too but I haven't experimented with it too much.

Mii Brawler got more nerfed than the rest but is still very fast and can gimp certain recoveries really well. Down B headbutt can break shields. Most of the moves are situational and if your opponent doesn't know the matchup they are probably going to lose unless they have a main like Mario or a swordfighter/projectile user.

Costumes are okay but they are either too specific to be used or kinda basic so when in doubt I use the business suit one. There are also WAY to many Mario themed ones. Sure they were in Smash 4 but do we really need a Cappy one?

Reactions: Samster
Mii Gunner is legit one of my mains, don’t judge me.

I mean, I don’t usually use them (apart from Mii Gunner). Mii Brawler just doesn’t really see, that powerful at all, more like a dumbed down version of Mario. So, good for beginners, but not for pro players.

Mii Swordfighter is a lot like Link or Toon Link, but once again is easier to maneuver, but lightly weaker. So, I’ll pass on him as well.

Mii Gunner is an entirely different story. Has lots of movesets from mainly Samus and Dark Samus, and boy, is she powerful! A very balanced move set, including the charged ball (B move), and a very nice recovery (Up+B) as well.

So, overall Miii Fighters aren’t that great. But Mii Gunner? Ohhhhh yeah. *^*

In terms of actual gameplay none of the three Mii fighters seem to have a lot of power or ability and a lot of their movesets seem to have been taken from other games however that doesn't seem to be the purpose of them anyways.
They seem to be geared towards the casual gaming crowd who want to be able to make customised characters and who are just there to have fun for the most part. It really appeals to those folk as:
  • Miis are easy to make
  • Existing Miis are brought into the game
  • They look silly and fun
And they seem to have filled their purpose well and whenever I play smash bros on the switch with younger cousins they absolutely love making Miis, and it's always the highlight of the match to see them so excited to use the characters that they have created.

I use Mii Fighter as one of my mains, and it's pretty easy to learn their moves.
It's also kind of funny when I use different, random Miis I find on the internet in battles.

Reactions: Talkative_Tween
I main the Mii Swordsfighter because I just really like the idea of fighting as yourself. I love it when games have Mii compatibility. Also, the Mii Fighters have really unique fighting styles. :)

Usually, I forget to use the Miis in battle. Personally, I rather just to use the character Nintendo provides as it is easier to judge which character is best. In saying that, it's still fairly fun to play with a Mii, especially if you have good stat boosters. However, I'd rather play with the Smash Bros. Characters, but they are still a great, inclusive idea by Nintendo. I'm glad others can't use Miis on the online battle in relation to the 'For Glory' mode.

Mii's are epic and I like them a lot. You can be whoever you want and thats pretty epic. They've also done really well with the mii fighter outfits and I think that they're worth buying now that the mii fighters are actually good. Also you can be sans which is cool and epic

for me is mostly like they dont exist, when you have legends of gaming and other popular characters in a very big roster, miis looks boring in comparison

Mii fighters in smash to me are just like something for me to play, nothing to big or major but it's a nice thing to have. I would rather have them than not because I think they're unique.
It's really fun to customise you're own person in smash or make new characters from a show or from different games.
overall they are nice to have the choice to play as them but i don't see myself playing with them as much, maybe just to have some fun with or to mess around with friends or family.

I used mii swordfighter a lot in WOL cuz i could cheese fights with up B but then it got really boring. I use mii gunner from time to time cuz of the cuphead and sans costume. I really like the feature where you can choose which moves your character gets.

Mii Brawler is fun. He feels similar to characters i main like fox. Sword fighter feels a little stiff but with more time hltheyd probably feel better. Gunner is a bit weird for me since i prefer having melee type aerials rather than a projectile, probably why megaman feels funny for me.

Back