What do you think the most successful Nintendo franchise is?

• Thread starter Magik
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Magik

I made Resetti's Bad list.
Banned User
I would say Link over Mario, Link's games are pretty much rated 10/10 all the time, and Mario has a lot of great games just not as good as Link's.

I would also say that LOZ games are better than mario games, but Mario games are quite good. Mario games are Nintendo's biggest seller, as it is well known so people keep making them. I think Mario games are more targeted towards younger players while it zelda is for more experienced ones.

I agree with @Lotad Lover
Mario games have always been a typical mascot in everything Nintendo but it is hard to tell between which is better between Link and Mario . There are like tons of different Mario games as well as Zelda games but it all depends on the game style of players . Mario is a lot more simpler when it comes to gameplay and story but the legend of zelda falls under questing , fighting and puzzle dungeons :yawn:

In terms of just succesfull as in sales and such then probably mario because his games are always on the top sellers list as the flagship of nintendo. In terms of succesfulllness as in how good the game is itself then loz because all of its games are very highly praised.

Pokemanz! :D jk

Zelda for quality, but Mario for sales.

Reactions: Magik
Obviously StarFox :sneaky:

I would say it's a tie between Pokémon and Zelda, everyone rushes out to buy those two. I hear people often asking about the latest Zelda and I knew people who would skip class just to get the newest game.

I also remember when Pokémon Black and White was being released they had it on the news that people gathered by the hundreds to get it.

And despite Mario being the mascot I see people anticipating his games :(. But I guess it's because it's a lot easier to play than Zelda and maybe Pokémon (I don't think Pokémon is hard but it's more of a challenge you got to have patience with your monsters).

I think it would be Pokemon. Even non-gamers are familiar with it and I think that counts as being very successful :)

Mario or Pokemon since the games are pretty successful and popular like how pokemon x was the best selling 3ds game on the market so i guess you can see how it can change and stuf and mario just because of his popularity of games that's why.

Mario,The Legend of Zelda,Pokemon and possibly Smash Bros. are some of Nintendo's finest achievements in both sales and quality in my eyes.Not to mention these franchises has some of the best games you could ever possibly pick up for Nintendo systems. :thumbsup:

Reactions: Mikaya
Mario,The Legend of Zelda,Pokemon and possibly Smash Bros. are some of Nintendo's finest achievements in both sales and quality in my eyes.Not to mention these franchises has some of the best games you could ever possibly pick up for Nintendo systems. :thumbsup:
I forgot about Smash >.>

I think it's kinda like this:
1. Mario
2. Pokemon
3. Smash
4. Zelda

In terms of sales at least, Mario would be last if it came to quality imo

I think the main reason that Mario games have done so well is because how branched out they have become ie Super Mario bros, kart, party etc etc which are hugely family oriented which in turns end up with a lot of kids getting to like Mario and buy those games

The Zelda games on the other hand haven't (until recently with Hyrule Warriors and Links DLC in Mario Kart 8) with very little option for multiplayer has made sales poorer as families (with more than one kid, and not wanting multiple consoles) will more like opt for games where they can have as many of the children entertained at once where the Zelda games are typically solitary causing fights between siblings who want to play (I know this happens but lessened if 4 people racing opposed to 3 people watching one ride a horse)

But I have always preferred Zelda games over Mario due to story and gameplay

out of sales i think mario is the one but out of gameplay wise i would have to say loz thats just so much funner and it has a story :p

Nintendo has so many amazing (and successful) franchises in their library! To just choose one wouldn't be right... but I'm going to anyways ;P I'd say (like everyone else) The Legend of Zelda, nearly every game in that franchise is amazing! (excluding the CD-i games lol)

Probably Pokemon or Mario. I think Zelda is a big thing in the US (or western countries in general), less play Zelda in Asia.
I don't really find many people play Zelda in Thailand, Monster Hunter and Dragon Quest are more popular. The top 3DS webboard in Thailand don't even have a Zelda discussion forum (while games like Harvest Moon or Kingdom Heart do).

I would say tha. Legend of Zelda games have done better as even though there are way more Mario games they dont get as a good of rating as Zelda games who get loads of 10/10 and "great game" ratings. Plus, Zelda games have a more in depth storyline which changes Every game. The mario games are the same with Princess Peach getting kidnapped all of the time.

Reactions: zekiebouy
According to me it is none another then pokemon as pokemon x has been best selling game of Nintendo and their are many pokemon crazy people I am one of them and most important thing is nintendo calls itself pokemon company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back