What do you think this Nintendo NX is all about?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
I've been reading up about Nintendo's next hardware, codenamed NX, and so far there is no information about it other than what Iwata hinted in an interview :
Satoru Iwata said:
If you only expand upon existing hardware, it's dull. In some shape or form, we're always thinking about how we want to surprise players as well as our desire to change each person's video gaming life.
They expect to share more information about the system next year, however there is no guarantee =/

So what do you think this Nintendo NX system is all about?

I've been reading up about Nintendo's next hardware, codenamed NX, and so far there is no information about it other than what Iwata hinted in an interview :

They expect to share more information about the system next year, however there is no guarantee =/

So what do you think this Nintendo NX system is all about?

Honestly I can't see it being anything other than the rumored "Nintendo Fusion" (obviously it won't be called that) but you get the point. I think It'll be a hybrid between console and handheld. Basically the Wii U where you can take the gamepad anywhere.

Also I hope Nintendo's new rewards program is integrated directly into the system.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

A Nintendo Fusion not only makes since for the company, as they rely on strong first parties to seel the system, it would also be great for the consumer, as we don't have to buy 2 systems to play every 1st Party game. I also think maybe it could be an attempt at virtual reality, thoigh that wouldn't be as exciting for me.

This Nintendo NX is all about that Nintendo is trying new things every time to well ... surprise us with what they have and are working on . It is really dull just to keep to same old hardwares so I guess it was that it is time to change up some of the regular Nintendo interface with something new to fit in with today's generation . Well , that is what I get from what Iwata is saying :)

You just can't stick to DS's and make like ... 4DS and so forth :p

Well, since Nintendo recently parted up with DeNa, it might have to do with Phones and such. But I also think that the NX will be both a handheld and a home console in some way. I personally hope for that there will be two NX`s released. The NX 3ds, and the WiiNX (bad names lol), and the two consoles would interact with each other in one way.

May be nintendo nx is all about something very amazing like may nintendo nx is some kind of of app in our phone or may be a big bang new home console or some kind of new handheld console which we have never thought.

I think that the idea of an hybrid would be awesome. A bit like Nanamine described, similar to the Wii U but you can take the gamepad on the go as a handheld console?

Welp, I'm excited about a supposition.

It is probably a new console by nintendo. It will probably replace the wii u. It might have better games than the wii u. There also might be games just for the nx. It might be better than the Xbox and the play station. Microsoft and Sony might try to beat nintendo by making more products.

Like the comments above I do too think that the NX is going to be an hybrid between Handheld and home console though it's still too early to make suppositions we are going to see the truth in 2016 :)

I don't know exactly what it will be, but I hope that Nintendo will take chances and try to make this a great and fun system for all ages, with, of course, good games to go along with it! You never know what can happen, because according to Shigeru Miyamoto: "Nintendo's philosophy is never to go the easy path; it's always to challenge ourselves and try to do something new."

The nintendo NX is all about a video game console (trust me, it is) It is most likely going to have very different features and awesome apps on it. It can be a phone, it can be a home console, it can be a video game console. Whatever it is, it is awesome :D

NX could possibly have something to do with revolutionizing the way people game. Nintendo might be pushing beyond the bounds of what we've known gaming to be. They've certainly got something up their sleeves that will be the ticket to determine their fate.

From that quote, it may seem like they're going for something that's not your average console, something that'll catch people off guard the moment they see it and look into it. And if it can have both a console unit and a mobile unit then I think I'm already signed up for this bad boy :p

Still hoping it's a console man. If it's hand held I want to be banned and give all my pc to @Alex

Reactions: Alex
Still hoping it's a console man. If it's hand held I want to be banned and give all my pc to @Alex
I'm gonna just keep this quoted here just in case...

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
What if it's a "hybrid"? Will you give half of your PC to Alex? xD

But in all seriousness, just thinking about what the NX could be confuses me more than it should lol.

Reactions: Slayerpon Tatsu
What if it's a "hybrid"? Will you give half of your PC to Alex? xD

But in all seriousness, just thinking about what the NX could be confuses me more than it should lol.
Yes half my PC to Alex if hybrid all if it's pure handheld.

I agree. NX can be many things.

Nintendo Fusion? Like Metroid Fusion? Just kidding!:p But I find the NX will be interesting. I think the NX will be more than a video game console, something bigger. I can't quite picture it yet, but it'll be something. Nintendo has done other stuff besides video games. So this isn't new on Nintendo's part.

I agree. NX can be many things.
Then again, it could be everything, or even nothing.

Back