Ultimate What do you use your amiibo for in Smash Ultimate?

• Thread starter Kadaj
  • Start date
Kadaj

Kadaj

The Masochistic Hardcore Player XP
Towns Folk
so many people playing this game probably have at least one amiibo. i have a few but i primarily use my zelda amiibo that has ridiculous offense, is very dodgy and aggressive and she also has super armor from an extra gold mario spirit i made (no cheesy spike kills haha). i usually have her co op offline battles as a teammate and then i use my main character byleth, we both pretty much leave the standard CPUs helpless with OP spirits and damage and its pretty ridiculous. they can even take 100-130% in one hit from zero! cant complain about anything here and even their final smashes barely ding us. its also pretty hilarious having her pin them off the cliff while i spam the charged failnaught lol... if she doesnt spike them then my attack gets them, bam, out

other times i use them for AFK farming when i cant keep playing, the loot seems small but is still ok. i find side farming them in an offline co op more effective than plain AFK but remember thats for when i cant continue playing. you might be able to get some if you prefer to fight against them as well but if they faint too quickly multiple times this might hinder drops, but not entirely sure (i could be wrong but the idea itself would make sense). though unless youve got the strongest spirits possible and some major top line skill this most likely isnt going to happen, especially more than a couple times in one game. they are VERY tough even at mid levels and the more they lose the harder they get

what do you like to use your amiibo for? funny co op, trolling friends or randoms, or for a ridiculous challenge? i like the funny offline co op personally haha

Reactions: Dark Link and Deepak
I have a home-made isabelle amiibo. I used it see what would happen. I trained it for a while and left it. Haven't used it since. I forgot I had that option lol. Now that I remember, I guess i'm gonna go train it some more.

I have a home-made isabelle amiibo. I used it see what would happen. I trained it for a while and left it. Haven't used it since. I forgot I had that option lol. Now that I remember, I guess i'm gonna go train it some more.
ah i see, i dont see many people picking Isabelle but i know that a kirby amiibo can be pretty monstrous. im hoping to get a joker and hero amiibo next if i can (amazon and their overprice problems on some things are the barrier here) since theyd be funny partners for a solo player like me. i love byleth, shes probably my eternal main in ultimate but i likely wont get her amiibo because it would feel weird having a teammate with the exact same character lol. and a free for all could have some annoying confusion too haha...

Reactions: Deepak
ah i see, i dont see many people picking Isabelle but i know that a kirby amiibo can be pretty monstrous. im hoping to get a joker and hero amiibo next if i can (amazon and their overprice problems on some things are the barrier here) since theyd be funny partners for a solo player like me. i love byleth, shes probably my eternal main in ultimate but i likely wont get her amiibo because it would feel weird having a teammate with the exact same character lol. and a free for all could have some annoying confusion too haha...
I originally made the isabelle amiibo because I thought it would be useful for animal crossing. (Spoiler: It does nothing). But if you want to get joker or hero for a cheaper price, you can buy nfc tags and make your own amiibos like I did. It's a way cheaper option and it actually works. You can get a whole pack of nfc tags for as less as 10 bucks. You need an android phone to set it up btw.

Reactions: Kadaj
so many people playing this game probably have at least one amiibo. i have a few but i primarily use my zelda amiibo that has ridiculous offense, is very dodgy and aggressive and she also has super armor from an extra gold mario spirit i made (no cheesy spike kills haha). i usually have her co op offline battles as a teammate and then i use my main character byleth, we both pretty much leave the standard CPUs helpless with OP spirits and damage and its pretty ridiculous. they can even take 100-130% in one hit from zero! cant complain about anything here and even their final smashes barely ding us. its also pretty hilarious having her pin them off the cliff while i spam the charged failnaught lol... if she doesnt spike them then my attack gets them, bam, out

other times i use them for AFK farming when i cant keep playing, the loot seems small but is still ok. i find side farming them in an offline co op more effective than plain AFK but remember thats for when i cant continue playing. you might be able to get some if you prefer to fight against them as well but if they faint too quickly multiple times this might hinder drops, but not entirely sure (i could be wrong but the idea itself would make sense). though unless youve got the strongest spirits possible and some major top line skill this most likely isnt going to happen, especially more than a couple times in one game. they are VERY tough even at mid levels and the more they lose the harder they get

what do you like to use your amiibo for? funny co op, trolling friends or randoms, or for a ridiculous challenge? i like the funny offline co op personally haha
I bought five amiibo! Ice Climbers, Roy, Piranha Plant, Little Mac, and Young Link

My favorite is Ice Climbers (duh) and what I usually use along with Young Link (because maybe there's a zelda reference like MK8D Mii costumes) for amiibo functionality in games like Super Mario Odyssey if I decide to try it out (I ultimately decided to not use the amiibo functionality in that game, but still).

What I often use for Smash though, is Piranha Plant. When I decide to spice things up during a party or something, I whip out my Plant amiibo to spice up my normally 1v1 or 1v1v1 match.

I also use Young Link often, mostly for like amiibo Tag Team battles. As for Ice Climbers, they're not very good even at lvl 50. So yeah. Oh I also don't put spirits on them so it's fair :)

Little Mac and Roy aren't fully trained yet, as they're mostly used by my brother/a gift for my brother.

I originally made the isabelle amiibo because I thought it would be useful for animal crossing. (Spoiler: It does nothing). But if you want to get joker or hero for a cheaper price, you can buy nfc tags and make your own amiibos like I did. It's a way cheaper option and it actually works. You can get a whole pack of nfc tags for as less as 10 bucks. You need an android phone to set it up btw.
You can actually do it on an apple phone too. you just have to use placiibo which is on the app store. You can also buy premade ones too. My friend has a set of all the loz amiibo spoof cards, and he just bought them premade.

I use My Pit Amiibo to just fight myself. Nothing fancy on it. No spirits. My older Amiibo I used in Smash 3DS and I might put them in Ultimate once I save their data to my computer. That way I can play them on Switch and not worry about data being removed. My clearance Amiibo are probably gonna be test dummies or stay in their packaging because I got enough of them already without.

I bought five amiibo! Ice Climbers, Roy, Piranha Plant, Little Mac, and Young Link

My favorite is Ice Climbers (duh) and what I usually use along with Young Link (because maybe there's a zelda reference like MK8D Mii costumes) for amiibo functionality in games like Super Mario Odyssey if I decide to try it out (I ultimately decided to not use the amiibo functionality in that game, but still).

What I often use for Smash though, is Piranha Plant. When I decide to spice things up during a party or something, I whip out my Plant amiibo to spice up my normally 1v1 or 1v1v1 match.

I also use Young Link often, mostly for like amiibo Tag Team battles. As for Ice Climbers, they're not very good even at lvl 50. So yeah. Oh I also don't put spirits on them so it's fair :)

Little Mac and Roy aren't fully trained yet, as they're mostly used by my brother/a gift for my brother.
i remember doing little mac... for very, very little rounds... i like his specials a lot but i got pretty frustrated with his horrible ability get back on the map even at moderate or mild distance before long ;-; thats the reason i dont use him often anymore, i want actual jumping ability and he definitely doesnt have much of this unfortunately. i feel that honestly he is so poor getting back up that his jumps or up special (which is worse than his jumps btw) that they legitimately need a fair buff so people arent screwed without even getting spike killed (yes its that easy to knock him out... hence why i stopped doing him)

Back