AC:NH What do you want to see in Animal Crossing: New Horizons?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Animal Crossing: New Horizons is coming faster than winter in coming to Game of Thrones.

I've made a list of some things I'd personally like to see:

No time travelling
I'd rather if time travelling wasn't possible in the game. Let the people who want to enjoy the real-time experience enjoy the game at their own pace and keep up with everyone else who wants to skip far ahead. This will help eliminate spoilers too.

Although I feel it'll be possible.

New content released as regular free DLC
Core New Horizons DLC.. not any of that Pocket Camp crap please. Some people don't have that game or refuse to play it. Sure, you can add it in, but I'd like to see the core game itself get DLC without anything associated with Pocket Camp.

Official events
Another thing I'd love to see is Official Events. Splatoon 2 has Splatfest, Pokemon has its own global tournaments, and I'm not too sure about Smash Bros. It'd be nice to have something for Animal Crossing: New Horizons as well. Maybe something like Gracie's tests to pass her requirements.

Of course, I'm sure we have a lot of ideas we'd want to see here.

Region Free Content
I remember how Japan got a lot of goodies for Animal Crossing: New Leaf while North America was left to burn (not literally, of course). I'd like it if Nintendo globally releases region free content for the games.

I don't mind having to wait.. as long as we get the same content.

That's it for my list that I can come up with right now. What do you guys want to see? :eyes:

Reactions: Alex
Bruuh, all of the above. I'd love to see Nintendo take advantage of game updates, and events would be hella cool. Like some Pokemon event on the release date of a Pokemon game, or whatever.

I really want to see a lot of easter egg items in it, I remember vaguely a Mario hat and the like.

Would also like to see more islands you can travel to. New Leaf had that tortimer island but it looks like New Horizons will take that another step further.

Reactions: Marc
Basically all of that, especially with Nintendo content. I love having costumes from various games to cosplay as. ;o; I wouldn't mind waiting longer, either! ( Side note: I'd love love LOVE some Splatoon content )

I dunno about everyone else, but personally, I'd want the return of special codes. Like from the first game! We don't even have to be able to only enter 3 a day. Just 1 or two would be fine. I miss them a lot, it made it feel more like a game imo.

I like the idea of being able to interact with other players, but most of the time you'd need an online sub to do it. ;-; Still not buying a sub out of spite. :p I'd also like an option to be able to play without the need of another switch or sub. Like a split-screen co-op? I dunno if anyone would like that, tho. ;-;

New content released as regular free DLC
Core New Horizons DLC.. not any of that Pocket Camp crap please. Some people don't have that game or refuse to play it. Sure, you can add it in, but I'd like to see the core game itself get DLC without anything associated with Pocket Camp.
Pocket Camp wasn't the first to do it. That title goes to New Leaf.

I really mostly just hope for updates being free. I really REALLY hope Nintendo doesn't drag animal crossing into the expansion pass pile because that'd just be upsetting honestly. I don't want to see core gameplay taken out just to be forced to pay for it later. I want to be able to buy the game, and be able to play what I paid for without having to stress about spending a ton more money. I have a feeling though that this is exactly what will happen.

Official events could be nice. A simple idea could be that if you had online, the fishing and bug catching tornies could have online leaderboards, so not only could you be pitted against your villagers, there could be extra rewards for online leaderboards. On that line of thinking as well, not quite multiplayer, but having a sense that there's a world out there, more then just your town, would be nice. Lets go to the city is a nice example, since that had your town, and the city. This one could be more so using the online features though to make the world seem a bit larger, without being straight-up multiplayer.

Being able to go to more places, or just have a larger area to go around would be lovely. More lore, more space, more things to do.

In my opinion i WANT time traveling to return. for example, in new leaf, you could earn TONS of bells at the island by catching rare beetles but the good ones only came out after 11pm. some people aren't gonna stay up all night catching bugs. and in new leaf, LOTS of bells are needed for basically everything. i would also like some brand new shops. maybe an arcade or something with cute minigames you could play with unlockable games? a vehicle would be nice like a bicycle or roller skates(like pokemon).
i dont know why but i have always wanted to cook in the game. i have no idea why but it just seems like fun new content which is definitely possible. i hope there is a lot of easter eggs just like the past games. i also would like the return of the 3ds and wii u frniture items maybe even a new switch furniture item. i always thought that they were quite cool. these are some features i definitely want.

In my opinion i WANT time traveling to return. for example, in new leaf, you could earn TONS of bells at the island by catching rare beetles but the good ones only came out after 11pm. some people aren't gonna stay up all night catching bugs. and in new leaf, LOTS of bells are needed for basically everything.

I mean, that's kind of the point of the game. It's a life sim, things are supposed to be hard, you're supposed to work towards everything, just like life. There's no time limit to anything, so why should you be able to "speedrun" through and break the game like that?

Minigames though and cooking? Sign me the hell up for both of those xD

Cooking would work really well though, catch the fish and bugs, use plants and such, bees from shaking trees could give honey then you'd be able to make dishes from them. I guess that might end up straying too far into a farming sim, but at the same time, maybe that could work really well in animal crossing.

A vehicle would be lovely as well, could add customisation to it, be able to upgrade it, that could then introduce races which would encourage upgrading and use of it.

Something I just thought about though, how about incorporating HHD into the main games? By giving you the chance to run your own shop. I know that probably goes against "you are the mayor" thing, but it'd only be a step up from the auctions. You'd be able to choose what your shop is about, and if cooking was introduced, you could do your own cafe/resturant type deal.

yeah. time traveling would be unnecessary if there was a job or something where you can actually earn a good amount of bells constantly. a job like in hhd would be nice and its actually quite possible. the job in new leaf at the cafe was nice but at times it felt a bit drab due to the large amounts of guessing you have to do. i could NEVER remember any of the animal preferences. maybe a better way to earn money would be nice instead of having to grind all the time. they could improve on the hhd job system greatly though. in hhd you got money no matter what you did as long as you used the given furniture. that is not good as it will make the whole game super short due to how fast and easy bells can be earned without any effort at all. maybe the cooking feature could be expanded so you could maybe help brewster in his cafe and sell your food. its all a giant maybe. i REALLY want more information on the game. how can nintendo leave us hanging??? the super smash bros dlc is getting a 35 minute conference on jan 16th. hopefully animal crossing also gets a mini direct this month.

I really mostly just hope for updates being free. I really REALLY hope Nintendo doesn't drag animal crossing into the expansion pass pile because that'd just be upsetting honestly.
I think the Developers will do not go heavily into a expansion pass unlike the Pokemon Devs *cough*
As for Free Updates/DLC, it's most likely going to be similar to New Leaf.

Yeah, I'll be very shocked if Animal Crossing has paid DLC. Very. I'll even bet 100PC on it.

But it'll definitely have free content DLC and updates.

Reactions: 28142
maybe time travel will be possible after all. what if you change the system time and date? there MUST be a way to change the in-game time too right? what if you moved to a different place? would you bre stuck with the time you originally set? what if you accidentally set the wrong time? would you be stuck with that? banning cloud saves has basically done nothing. what do you guys think?

A few things I'd love to see in New Horizons is having customizable flags and town music/theme song, and music from previous games, perhaps allowing you to choose what hourly music you want (doubtful, but hey). Honestly, I love Wild World's music so much that I made a spotify playlist full of Animal Crossing, and about 80% of it is just Wild World.

yeah. i love wild world's theme song too. i hope there's some way you could listen to all music like in super smash bros ultimate. instead of just being able to listen to kk songs, it would be nice if we could listen to all the animal crossing songs and maybe if we're extremely lucky all nintendo songs like in smash bros from zelda mario pokemon etc....since there is already the nintendo themed furniture. it would be nice to have a zelda room with zelda music playing or a mario themed room with the theme song playing in the background. a music app forthe nook phone would be a nice feature which i'm sure many fans would love.

they probably wont change the customizable flag and town tunes at all since its been there in all past animal crossing games and the removal of it would lead to backlash from fans

Another thing I'd like to see.

Make a drawing, place it in a bottle and send it to a friend. I think it's been confirmed that we'll be able to do this but it might be limited to only text. Would be cool if we could make a quick stickman drawing and flex our amazing art skills, ya know? :eyes2:

Reactions: Deepak and 28142
Back