What do you want to see in the next Kirby game?

• Thread starter Bagel
  • Start date
Bagel

Bagel

we do a little trolling
Towns Folk
Hey gamers, it's been a while since the last Kirby game (excluding spin-offs). We hopefully will get a new one within a year or 2. What would you guys wanna see in a new Kirby game? (on the switch obviously :p)

Personally, I'd love to see a return of the Animal Buddies, or something similar. Their mechanic of changing your moveset was really fun and I hope they do something similar. Getting to see old abilities remixed with new ideas into something different is always good, as it keeps things fresh. But, I don't want them to take the idea of "old" and think "hey time to milk nostalgia again". The elemental abilities in Kirby Star Allies was a good step forward, but I would like to see more change than that. Of course, It would be hard considering the wide range of actions each of kirby's abilities provide, and thinking of new moves might be tough.

Anyways, What do you wanna see in the next game?

Kirby needs the Metroidvania treatment. You know. Find upgrades/abilities and go to different locations on the map that require that ability. Maybe add things that increase jump height or deal damage besides allies like the spike ball from Shantae. Each game has that little gimmick that makes it different. Giving Kirby a form of the Monado would just add so much. He's always felt a tad slow. Kirby could also move between places on his star and then make every flying stage a bullethell.

Reactions: Bagel
Next Kirby game? I haven't been playing the most recent ones, so I'm not sure what to say. I do think that @Artisan 's idea is pretty solid, though, and so is yours, @Minecraft .

Reactions: Bagel
Kirby needs the Metroidvania treatment. You know. Find upgrades/abilities and go to different locations on the map that require that ability. Maybe add things that increase jump height or deal damage besides allies like the spike ball from Shantae.
Like Great Cave Offensive but good?

Like Great Cave Offensive but good?
Yeah. Add a boss rush and multiple endings and you got a solid title. [^.^]

Reactions: Bagel and 28142
In the next Kirby game I want to see Kirby.

More abilities. And the computer virus boss again. And maybe another pinball minigame, idk, sounds fun.
Kirby accidentally eats the world, perhaps.

Really wish we'd get a fully-fledged 3D platformer like the cancelled Gamecube game. I feel like it'd work so well for Kirby and, if I recall correctly, there was a fighting game on the 3DS which used the system... it used it well. Now, if only we could get a main series installment, perhaps that would be the greatest videogame masterpiece this side of Heaven.

Kirby's got so much potential for such a game. Unlike most platformers, Kirby is based more on combat than actual platforming, so imagine the kind of game a 3D installment would be. It'd essentially be a cartoony beat-'em-up with platforming elements. So many ways they could use the concept, the possibilities are endless.

...Kirby is well more deserving of 3D than any of the countless Mario games using it. After all, Mario 3D Land signaled the shift for Mario long ago, so why hasn't Kirby adapted it yet?

Really wish we'd get a fully-fledged 3D platformer like the cancelled Gamecube game. I feel like it'd work so well for Kirby and, if I recall correctly, there was a fighting game on the 3DS which used the system... it used it well. Now, if only we could get a main series installment, perhaps that would be the greatest videogame masterpiece this side of Heaven.

Kirby's got so much potential for such a game. Unlike most platformers, Kirby is based more on combat than actual platforming, so imagine the kind of game a 3D installment would be. It'd essentially be a cartoony beat-'em-up with platforming elements. So many ways they could use the concept, the possibilities are endless.

...Kirby is well more deserving of 3D than any of the countless Mario games using it. After all, Mario 3D Land signaled the shift for Mario long ago, so why hasn't Kirby adapted it yet?
Crystal Shards is more or less 2.5D. Kirby Air Ride would be what it feels like to be a 3D Wheelie Rider. Maybe if Kirby was slow a 3D world would be too much for him. I see what you are going for and we haven't seen it yet even though Sakurai is fully capable of it if he wanted. I think 2D suits him better though. It's easier to swing a sword in a circle shape rather than a sphere. But there can easily be trade-offs not seen in 2D games like using the Needle copy ability.

Reactions: Duffy
I just want to see a new main series game. It’s been so long since star allies!!

Back