SwSh What game will you get between Sword and Shield?

• Thread starter Marc
  • Start date
Marc

Marc

"Marc's the sugar daddy of gaming" - Artisan 2020
Forum Management
Which game are you looking at getting between Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield?

I think I'm leaning more towards Shield.

I have no idea. To me neither legends really matter tbh. They're okay but the legends really haven't been great since gen 5. So it's gonna come down to version exculsives. If I wasn't planning on using an espeon I would prob get sword for galarian ponyta but that's not the case. Guess I'm going to have to look up version exclusive pokemon once the game is finally out to pick. I'm not getting the game until christmas anyway.

i already preordered sword so i'll be sticking with it. Definitely will use sirfetched so I think I chose well. First time legends haven't looked too good so it doesn't matter to me much. If we do get legends from older games, It would possibly include any of the "first name game" legendaries, like ho oh, groudon, zekrom, and yveltal, which are pretty cool.

Eh neither, I'm skipping them for the next game. I barely like any of the designs so it'd be difficult for me to play lol

Considering that I'm cautiously optimistic at Pokémon gaming lately, I'll start with Sword version first to see if I'll like it or not. If I enjoy it in the long run, I might be getting Shield version too.

neither, i dont think this game will be good, even if reviewes give it good scores

I mean it doesn't seem to be the best pokemon game out there but it still seems to be pretty fun.

I mean it doesn't seem to be the best pokemon game out there but it still seems to be pretty fun.
the problem is that its could be much much better, but gamefreak decided its too much effort
i did a thread explaining most issues I, and a lot of people have with the game, so im not going to repeat it again

Oh yeah I agree. I mean I think they built the game like a 3ds game if I'm being honest. Whether that's because they never thought they'd make a switch game so they started making it as a 3ds game (Masuda thought the switch would be a failure after all) or they just thought that they could do the same thing they did on the 3ds with the switch idk. But that doesn't mean it's not going to be a fun and enjoyable time. I know the game has problems but I love pokemon and it still looks a fun pokemon game.

I think there's been enough backlash though that if Pokemon really cares about listening to the fans and enacting change they will actually fix these problems (in gen 8 or even whatever remake is next). This game is basically TFA of Pokemon. If Pokemon doesn't do what star wars did and actually fix these problems instead of ignoring them (and calling the fans sexist for not liking TLJ) then I think Pokemon will be pretty good again. If they don't well then they're doomed to fail. So this is a big point for the Pokemon company as a whole.

I got Shield, but will get Sword for Christmas, as my son has been asking for it. We are getting a second switch too, as there is soon to be huge competition over who gets to play on it.

Shield. But only if it's donated to me. Not accepting Sword though. I don't trust dogs with Swords.

Back