What games can make use of Infrared Motion Sensor at the bottom of the right Joy-Con

• Thread starter Sunny_Meows
  • Start date
Sunny_Meows

Sunny_Meows

I like to what I want to do
Towns Folk
As we all know, the right joy con has an Infrared Motion Sensor at the bottom, which can detect whatever's in front of the sensor from hand signs to ummmmm small objects? Not many games use this feature even though it was included in the right joy con from the start! Only a handful of games make use of the Infrared Motion Sensor feature. A few titles that immediately come to mind that do make use of the Infrared Motion Sensor are 1-2-Switch and Nintendo Labo. What's interesting about this sensor is that it can detect the shape of the object, as well as how far away it is from the sensor. It can even detect heat sources! (obviously)
We've only ever seen the sensor's potential in Nintendo Labo, where it's used as a sensor to help move the cardboard vehicle and sense the things around it. It can even be used as a camera! I think one of Nintendo Labo's most fascinating parts is its use of the Sensor. Ring Fit Adventure also makes use of the sensor to detect your heart rate, which I wish was available at the home screen. That made me wonder about how it can be use in other games. What I thought of is using its heat sensing capabilities to adjust difficulty of horror games. It will be cool to see a game that's more scarier when your heartbeat is high. It would be cool if even more games used the feature.

Still to this day they haven't released a vitality sensor like they planned for the Wii. What a shame I really wanted to see those in hospitals and would work even better in nursing homes. :oldman: I think it just isn't a practical/basically unnecessary thing just like the N64DD, Virtual Boy, and let's not forget the Game Boy Pediatric Sedation Headset. I'm sure if you weren't Nintendo you couldn't figure out the hardware specifics just for some gimmick on a controller that can possibly get Joy-Con drift and potentially not get sued as well. It just doesn't sound fun.

Reactions: Sunny_Meows
Honestly wii virtual console can actually make an appearance on the switch since the switch runs on tegra and tegra can run dolphin flawlessly well. For specific game I would say maybe a new wii sports title but it wouldn't really be called wii sports since it isn't on the wii. Also the switch already has ring fit. So honestly I would say Nintendo wii vc and maybe some surprises that Nintendo might have planned as Nintendo is know to be full of surprises when it comes to new games.

Honestly wii virtual console can actually make an appearance on the switch since the switch runs on tegra and tegra can run dolphin flawlessly well. For specific game I would say maybe a new wii sports title but it wouldn't really be called wii sports since it isn't on the wii. Also the switch already has ring fit. So honestly I would say Nintendo wii vc and maybe some surprises that Nintendo might have planned as Nintendo is know to be full of surprises when it comes to new games.
What if Nintendo buys dolphin lmaooo

What? Dolphin is an emulator. I feel it would be very weird if nintendo buys dolphin ngl. Don't quote me on this but Nintendo codes it's own wii emulator and gamecube emulator I think but im not sure. I think it would be very weird for a company to be using an emulator made by other people out of the company.

I think it would be very weird for a company to be using an emulator made by other people out of the company.

I point to you the virtual consoles on the switch. Both the emulator and roms are ones downloaded straight from the internet.

Back