What GHz does your processor run at?

• Thread starter Alex
  • Start date
Alex

Alex

#1 Communist
Towns Folk
I think mine runs at 1.9GHz, but it's only a crappy laptop. I'm gonna be getting a 4.2GHz Quad Core Gaming PC very soon, though :D

I think mine runs at 1.9GHz, but it's only a crappy laptop. I'm gonna be getting a 4.2GHz Quad Core Gaming PC very soon, though :D
I have a Laptop that runs on an i5 M480 2.6 GHz. I had a gaming PC with Quad-Core 4.2 GHz but I couldn't bring it to Canada.

I have a Laptop that runs on an i5 M480 2.6 GHz. I had a gaming PC with Quad-Core 4.2 GHz but I couldn't bring it to Canada.
Oh, that sucks :/ 2.6 GHz aint too bad, though

Oh, that sucks :/ 2.6 GHz aint too bad, though
Yeah, 2.6 GHz is enough to run Battlefield Bad Company 2 on medium settings with 2x Antialiasing.

1.4GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 (Turbo Boost up to 2.7GHz) with 3MB shared L3 cache

MacBook Air 13" Mid-2013.

I will be upgrading it too the 1.7GHz i7, Turbo Boost at 3.3GHz though, and then get some weird cooling desk or something to cool it down when I play games (yes, it goes to 90 Degrees Celsius).

It's not the best but not the worst.

MacBook Air 13" Mid-2013.

I will be upgrading it too the 1.7GHz i7, Turbo Boost at 3.3GHz though, and then get some weird cooling desk or something to cool it down when I play games (yes, it goes to 90 Degrees Celsius).

It's not the best but not the worst.
Dang, 90 Degrees.. that's hella hot. I'd just chuck it in the freezer.

My PC's temps also go up to 90 oC while gaming sometimes. These are my temps at idle usage:

Attachments

• temps.png
    temps.png
    204.8 KB · Views: 4
90°C ? That's nothing. My old Fujitsu Siemens (800Mhz Single Core, it was an old laptop) could turn itself into a frying pan when idle for a while. And when I started Minecraft, I don't tell you :hilarious:.

Back to the question, I have a 2.7GHz Dual-Core laptop (AMD A4-5150M). But when I have enough money, I'll buy myself another AMD Processor (don't remember the model) that is a quad core @2.0+ GHz (don't remember exactly the GHz too).

And in any case, my laptop is enough for most of the games I want(ed) to play.

Dang, 90 Degrees.. that's hella hot. I'd just chuck it in the freezer.
Sorry not chucking my new $1,100 computer in the freezer, also when it's idle/websurfing it's around 25-35 degrees.

I'm not going to pretend I know what all of this means, but the processor I just ordered :

AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz 8-Core Processor.

O yasssss

I'm not going to pretend I know what all of this means, but the processor I just ordered :

AMD FX-9370 4.4GHz 8-Core Processor.

O yasssss

Well, it's a nice choice. You can run most (if not all) the PC games on it. After, it will depend on how much memory it has (RAM + VRAM [Graphic Card, but you said it was a Sapphire R9, so it's an excellent configuration]).

However, watch out, I have heard that the FX-9XXX series tend to go hot pretty fast, due to the fact that it's an overclocked FX-8XXX CPU. But still a great choice.

bah i run in my desktop on 1.5ghz anf my laptop 2.73 pretty much 3.ghz since it use some of it to make the computer work

mine is probably a lame 1GHz. It's so darn slow. Can't expect too much from a netbook. xD

My mobile i7 quad-core CPU runs at 2.4 GHz, overclocked to 3.5 GHz.

I've got a laptop with an i3-3300m @ 2.4 GHz. Not bad for playing some of the less intensive PC games. I'm looking to upgrade eventually. A thing to note about processor speed is that it's not the GHz. An Intel CPU at 3.0 GHz, for example, might run faster than an AMD 3.0 GHz processor. It really depends on the processor's architecture and inner design. If someone had a desktop CPU at 2.4 GHz, it might seem equal with my laptop but in reality it is probably much faster.

Back