What got you into role playing?

• Thread starter The Governor
  • Start date
The Governor

The Governor

Mandalorian
Towns Folk
What peaked your interest in role playing? Why did you start?

I don't remember, it was so, so long ago. I was role playing way back when the original Myspace was still active and was"THE" social network to be on.

I started in October 2012 because I loved reading the walkthrough books for the Pokemon games so that made me decide that I have to get a Pokemon game. I got Pokemon White from Amazon.

Role-Playing as in real life or as in gaming genre? If you're talking about gaming then Chrono Trigger was the first game that I played and it really made an impact on me. After that I started playing many other RPGs like Shining Force, Shining Force 2, etc.

Role-Playing as in real life or as in gaming genre? If you're talking about gaming then Chrono Trigger was the first game that I played and it really made an impact on me. After that I started playing many other RPGs like Shining Force, Shining Force 2, etc.
In his post he said "I don't remember, it was so, so long ago. I was role playing way back when the original Myspace was still active and was"THE" social network to be on." So I'm guessing it's real life. :hilarious:

I haven't been much of a role playing enthusiast..but... now that I think about it, when I was younger, I was never bored, I keep finding stuff to do (like trying to be a different character each time etc.) so I guess I was doing it naturally, until I found out a while ago (when Marc made this "Role Playing" forum) that what I've been doing all along was Roleplaying.

RPGs got me into Role-playing quite a lot, I'd been playing them since I was pretty young, so I knew how to create a good story line after seeing other story lines, I also knew the basis. Then a couple years ago, some of my friends brought me into roleplaying, controlling the events and such.

I started role-playing on a game called Cow RP on Byond. The general idea was medieval roleplaying, except that you were humanoid Cows instead of humans. You roleplayed as your point in society (Such as peasant, royalty, necromancer, healer, priest, etc.) and tried to stay alive in whatever chaotic world the characters could bring, either being a zombie uprising, a war between kingdoms, or, sometimes, a quiet peaceful life. (Until some family of assassins take over. It happened)

Pokemon Red & Blue, but they were handheld and I only got them because of the hype..

But for true (J)RPG.. I was about 10 years old, I would always buy OPM.
FFIX was coming out and I had no idea what it was, except it was on the front cover and looked super weird compared to every other PS game I had..
a few days later I was at my friends house and her dad had around 250 PS games. I noticed he had FF VII & VIII, I asked to borrow them, he said they were rubbish and I could have them if I wanted..

I got home and was hooked on 7,8,9 & 10 for the next four years!.. and whatever other (J)RPGs I could get my hands on, Wild Arms, Breath of fire 3/4 & Legaia 2 also get honorable mentions.
Too bad FF is so terrible now, as they were truly amazing.

what got me into roleplayin hmm. i have to say @Wayne and @Soundless Rin did as it goes forum roleplaying

what got me into roleplayin hmm. i have to say @Wayne and @Soundless Rin did as it goes forum roleplaying
:eek: Really!? i did? woah awesome hehe :cat: glad i could get you into something amazing hehehe :cat:

:eek: Really!? i did? woah awesome hehe :cat: glad i could get you into something amazing hehehe :cat:
yea roleplaying that your a eevee was alot of fun andwhen rin started kingdom i figure why not join her to be honest if it was another member i might of not benn interested

Reactions: Eevee
Me and my older brother would play HeroQuest (basically a dungeon crawl board game with a Game Master who would sometime make dungeons of his own) and my uncle gave my older brother his old Red Box and I've been gaming ever since.

I remember in about 2009 I signed into Roblox and (newb..) I saw this girl that asked me 'du yu wunnu rp' so I'm like 'Whats an rp?' And she logs out, so some guy walks up to me have been spying on my conversation Sí the girl and saying rp is role playing I done a little digging found a role play buddy, he eventually confessed he loved me and he quit the game (dramatic ) so then I ended up getting on mini erase and seeing many role plays, getting into it more, role play is like a skill to me now, if your not good at it you've never done many and are annoyed by the fact you keep up with eight peoples different ocs, otherwise, people like me are good at role play, and mastered the 'skill'. Some people that plain hate role play say its a place you can confess your love to someone without them knowing you actually do love them, or to get anger out, or just places to let out your emotions. That person must understand role play because man he just described what I do. ><' I've been found out

Back