Support Needed What happened to Earthbound and my resolve.

• Thread starter Aura Knight
  • Start date
Aura Knight

Aura Knight

Spirit of the West
Towns Folk
Hey, guys!

How are you today? Doing good, I hope?

Well, yesterday (that being Dec. 19 2016), I was playing Earthbound and was starting up the game when...when it was lost.

I don't know if it was a problem with the platform I was playing on, but when I opened Earthbound and tried to open a save, I guess I must've clicked SAVE instead of LOAD, so I saved over my game to the title screen!!

So, six 'Your Sanctuary' places and nearly getting the Sword of Kings was all lost because I was being an idiot and was not looking at the buttons I was pressing.

It wasn't all bad though. I learned how to effectively store backups for my saves, so it will be a lot harder to lose my save data. Now, I will have two copies of one save. One for my computer, and the other for my flash drive. Now, as long as I remember to update both at the end of the day, when I accidentally press SAVE instead of LOAD, I can get to my other copy and make a backup of that, and then all is well!

Now, that didn't leave me a little hurt, though. I've decided that I was going to take a long break from Earthbound until I can get over it. It sounds bad, but I've actually got a lot of games I still need to do. These games are:

Mega Man 5
Pokemon Red
Mother 3 (just started today! :))
Final Fantasy III DS
Final Fantasy IV DS
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky
Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (except the last time I played that, it was really broken, so still up for debate)
Pokemon HeartGold (haven't beat Red, who is considered to final boss of the game).

And there you have it! So I hope you guys will join me on my adventure through these!

See ya later!

P.S. Shortly after Earthbound was overwritten, I had a dream where I finally got the Sword of Kings.

Help.

Back