What if mario went to Microsoft or Sony?

• Thread starter Impulse
  • Start date
Impulse

Impulse

Nintendo 3DS Legend
Towns Folk
I know it's never going to happen, but what do you think they'll do with him? Keep him the same, or turn the Mario series into a shooter?

I think they will keep the series the same, but just make really bad games.

Reactions: nicklesimba
Either they would make Mario games with half the quality that Nintendo can produce them (and most likely stick to 2D platformers) or they would turn Mario into a awesome fighter, and have him appear in Playstation Battle Royal or whatever it's called.

I think they would just make fail games to be honest. Low quality, and they would destroy Mario's Reputation of one the greatest gaming series ever!

I think they would try to keep the series the same, or at least similar, but like Mikaya said, I just don't see the games being as good in the hands of Microsoft or Sony.

Reactions: 3dsatackman
I think it would be a good thing to make for Microsoft.

I'm sure Microsoft would do tons of advertising for him and would squeeze him onto any entertainment platform out there.
Sony wouldn't advertise him as much, but I could imagine Mario being a new face of their consoles and games. Both, however, would fail to make games that stay true to the franchise since only Nintendo is capable of doing that (after all, they're the ones who invented Mario in the first place).

Meh, it's best not to think that sony or microsoft could ever get a hold of mario or his games, because that would be completely terrible! I don't think they would make him a shooter haha I think they would keep him the same and just continue making games for him.. except they would probably sink him to the ground until he was only a memory, it seriously would suck terribly! It won't ever happen for sure, mario IS nintendo's mascot so yea, enough said

Mario+Sony/Microsoft = FAILURE!!!

Link would be Nintendo's new mascot and Sega would have a better chance of winning in their rivalry.

Microsoft wouldn't even use the IP if they had it.

If Sony had Mario however, I think they would do a good job. They would probably leave Media Molecule in charge of Mario games and honestly, I trust them. They make fantastic games with fresh new ideas. Plus, MM is basically Sony's "kids" studio. More or less.

Mario+Sony/Microsoft = FAILURE!!!

Link would be Nintendo's new mascot and Sega would have a better chance of winning in their rivalry.

Except Nintendo and Sega aren't rivals anymore.

No... Never. I'd rather Sony take Mario than Microsoft. Microsoft would turn Mario into a nightmare. It's hard to fathom the terror! If something like this ever happens, I would not be anywhere near happy. xD

I think that the reputation Nintendo's Mario has gained over the years will be utterly ruined, should he fall into the wrong hands. Sony/Microsoft would probably make Mario into some wrestler with the abilities to squash his enemies. Just horrible.

Back