What indie games do you suggest?

• Thread starter SoProHunter
  • Start date
SoProHunter

SoProHunter

That one friend without fastcharge 5 ooo
Towns Folk
I've been wanting to play more indie games on 3DS but I don't know which ones. Are there any games that have really stood out to any of you?

Last edited:
From an earlier thread:
  • SteamWorld Dig is, I believe $5-10 USD, and is a really fun game with platformer elements. It's a bit short (I clocked out in 7.5 hours on Steam) but for the price it should be at during a sale, it's really fun IMO - there's a bit of digging which slows things down but finding new areas and learning more about the past of the town is rewarding.
  • DuckTales Remastered. Enough said! Also a bit short but they have the ducks in HD, plus all new voice acting (even with the original Scrooge McDuck's VA) and despite a bit of dodgy controls during one particular level (but it's easy to get past when you get the hang of how it controls), it was a bundle of fun.

Reactions: 18
Well, my brother has Steam World Dig and I haven't really liked the experiences with DuckTales games, but thanks for the suggestions!

I want to get Binding of Isaac:Rebirth for 3Ds because I saw some streamers stream it on twitch for PC and now that it has came to 3DS I want to play it. The bad news is it's only for the new 3DS. Why??? :cry::cry:

@Gamercat Because reasons we don't know. It could be a fairly large game or it could be the fact it has the C-Stick or the ZL and ZR triggers but you can get all of those with a Circle Pad Pro attachment. I really don't think it makes sense because I highly doubt it's bigger than Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (which is about 20,000 blocks) which is the biggest game playable on the regular 3DS at the time, and like I said before, you can get the second circle pad and the 2 extra triggers with the Circle Pad Pro attachment.

Reactions: Eric Cartman
@Gamercat Because reasons we don't know. It could be a fairly large game or it could be the fact it has the C-Stick or the ZL and ZR triggers but you can get all of those with a Circle Pad Pro attachment. I really don't think it makes sense because I highly doubt it's bigger than Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (which is about 20,000 blocks) which is the biggest game playable on the regular 3DS at the time, and like I said before, you can get the second circle pad and the 2 extra triggers with the Circle Pad Pro attachment.
That makes sense now. Practically the same reason Xenoblade chronicles was exclusive

No, Xenoblade was exclusive because of its size, Binding Isaac most likely is no where near the size of Smash Bros for 3DS which is 16,000 blocks.

Shovel Knight is without a doubt one of the biggest indie games but you should wait for a sale because the game is, I believe, a pricey 15 dollars. But my most favorite indie game that I've played (apparently, the only one I play) is Witch is Hero, It's a simple 8-bit game but it really hooks on me.

@ESP Thanks for the suggestions, but I already have both of those. Shovel Knight is amazing and they made it even better with the recent update (like a month or two ago) that adds the ability to play as Plague Knight, which I really enjoy and would pay $15 just for the added update if that was a sequel since I enjoyed the main Shovel Knight story part so much, and I've played Witch and Hero for a little while but never really finished it. I still want to, I just haven't really gotten around to it yet.

Back