What is a Nintendo NX?

• Thread starter Mira
  • Start date
Mira

Mira

The Most Boring Person On Earth
Towns Folk
What's a Nintendo NX?

No one knows yet. We don't even know if it's handheld or a home console. In some corners, a virtual reality console is being scrutinized. No official details though. :panda:

It might even be a kind of smart device, given Nintendo's DeNA shenanigan.

Well, there not much information of this console. Nintendo called it next generation game but according to me this thing will be home console I guess as recently there launch of new 3ds xl lately. May be my prediction also can be wrong. I wish my prediction is true hehehehe......... Lol

whats the point of bringing a console that no one nos what it is

To get people's attention.

Reactions: Mikaya
On Nintendo's side? Their hand was forced. They'd just announced that they might be licensing all their franchises to a smartphone developer/publisher and that would have scared hardcore Nintendo fans into thinking the company was on its way to becoming a smartphone thingamijig. To allay such fears, they said they were working on a console of their own... and no details.

On Nintendo's side? Their hand was forced. They'd just announced that they might be licensing all their franchises to a smartphone developer/publisher and that would have scared hardcore Nintendo fans into thinking the company was on its way to becoming a smartphone thingamijig. To allay such fears, they said they were working on a console of their own... and no details.
Well some details; it has something to do with the 'new Club Nintendo' and more details will come next year. :p

No one know's i believe at the time (but the peep's at nintendo know i mean duh XD) but i think it's gonna be like the wii u but a whole lot better! i cant wait to see what it's like.

I am hoping that it will be like a 3DS Mixed with a Console, so that you could be playing a game on Nintendo NXDS; and then go to play on the TV with the NX. Kinda like MH3U could do with 3ds/wiiu but with all games.

In general , the Nintendo NX is basically a new console that Nintendo is working on and planning to release years later . There is nothing so far on what it is , what it does , or what it will be like . We can only wait for further information .

That is basically it . All other information that you'll hear about it so far will only be predictions

Do not make a big deal. It will probably take at least 2 years in order for them to release a new console. I mean, everey company plans the future years ahead. Only problem is, the new mario game may be for the nx but lets hope not

OMG duh you are all dumb. It is obviously the Nintondo 4DS!!! Seriously guys I thought you were better than this. They even said it in Rusty's Real Deal Baseball! And its going to be free :D because Rusty gave it out for free and makes you pay for low price games what kind of logic is that :rotfl:

Whatever it may be, I think it would be interesting if they moved away from the WII stuff and into something like the older consoles. Something with maybe good internet capabilities and compatibility? maybe capable of downloading different stuff off the internet that you normally wouldn't be able to get on an nintendo console? idk I think I have the 360 and PS3 on my mind, but that would be cool coming from a nintendo console who could definitely do it better.

And as a dream: being able to backtrack and play old NES and SNES titles. Seriously though, that would be cool : /

hds_zps5d00db24.jpg

I'm expecting something like this: Two-screens; HD graphics with 3D support; Possibility of playing on TV's and monitors; two circle pads; and everything the 3DS had.

Reactions: CJ
What everyone else said so far. It is a mystery at this point in time. Some people believe it will be a smartphone, others believe it will be a handheld device or home console, even some other people believe it will be a hybrid of some sort (kind of like what's shown in Barmont's picture above). I'm gonna venture to guess it will be one of these things, but with an extra twist. Nintendo is all about "something unique," as shown by a picture on one of the interior walls of Nintendo's Japanese Headquarters (possibly at NoA and NoE as well). Therefore, I believe that nobody will be able to predict the outcome of this NX console - based on Nintendo's past algorithms.

Reactions: Tri-force64
We know only two things till now. One is that it will be called NX and it will be a gaming console (that was obvious :p) Every bit else is a complete mystery of how it will be and what will happen...
hds_zps5d00db24.jpg

I'm expecting something like this: Two-screens; HD graphics with 3D support; Possibility of playing on TV's and monitors; two circle pads; and everything the 3DS had.
I like the idea man! Hope the NX is enactly like this.

I don't know. Maybe it's not a console, but something completely different.

I like those photos but I'd rather it not have 3D; chances are, the price will be a lot higher due to it or well, they would have to impose other hardware restrictions and the 3D just wouldn't be that worth it. Besides, I think developers are moving away from 3D and more on to Virtual Reality as the 'next big thing' in gaming.

Back