what is E3?

• Thread starter CJ
  • Start date
CJ

CJ

You not gon' ge me!
Towns Folk
Im still confused... I've been receiving emails from nintendo about E3 2015 but Im not understanding what it exactly IS! from what I am thinking, its some sort of a tournament or contest or something... I could be wrong though.

What IS it?

It is an event that happens every year where big video game companies put on shows to show what games are coming out this year. You will be able to find the shows on youtube if you don't go to the actual events, but if you do you will get a chance to play future games.

Basically an event where videogame companies such as Nintendo announce things like upcoming games, events, DLCs, and more. I watched E3 last year where they held the Smash 4 Wii U Invitational Tournament and we it was really fun. They usually have a lot of things to share so it's a pretty well hyped event to look forward to in the summer. They usually stream it on Twitch for people to watch live nationwide.

Oh lovely!

just as everyone said :headphone: the E3 is an event where they show the upcoming and anticipating games that are coming from companies like Nintendo :p They usually show like a gameplay or a feature and something like that so that is what the E3 is all about :p

"Electronic Entertainment Expo, commonly known as E3, is an annual trade fair for the video game industry, presented by the Entertainment Software Association (ESA). It is used by many video game publishers and accessory manufacturers to reveal and advertise their upcoming games and game-related merchandise."
^^This is a general sum up, lots of companies, both to do with gaming and not(by not i mean announcements of production of new phones and stuff), will show off and give information, in Nintendo's case we expect to see new game announcements, new updates for current and uprising games, DLC for those games, and more.

It is an event that happens every year where big video game companies put on shows to show what games are coming out this year. You will be able to find the shows on youtube if you don't go to the actual events, but if you do you will get a chance to play future games.

Sadly, this is not a public event. If you are not part of the industry, you can't attend E3. Moreover, people under 17 can't go either... and it costs close to $1000 to go =/

I might make an official E3 Nintendo 2015 thread when it's on with links to livestreams and everything, because I will most likely just be at home all day when it happens. I think I tried to do something like that last year or for Nintendo Directs but hardly anyone discusses new things in just one thread >_<

But hey, if nobody else would, I can try to organise E3 threads for all of the big companies with livestream links and (maybe) live info on what new things are announced with trailers.

Everyone should share the information they get.

Unlike Nintendo Direct, there isn't just ONE thing to watch, and it's on multiple days. You won't be able to be everywhere and spot everything needed.

What I recommend is usually spotting a major gaming site (no matter it their articles are good or not) and lurk to find the most notable conferences and announcements from them, since they are able to cover more than a single person can. They usually have links to the streamings so you don't have to read their opinion and can make your own.

Everyone should share the information they get.

Unlike Nintendo Direct, there isn't just ONE thing to watch, and it's on multiple days. You won't be able to be everywhere and spot everything needed.

What I recommend is usually spotting a major gaming site (no matter it their articles are good or not) and lurk to find the most notable conferences and announcements from them, since they are able to cover more than a single person can. They usually have links to the streamings so you don't have to read their opinion and can make your own.
Indeed, but I usually open up the stream from Nintendo itself, IGN and Nintendo Life when it comes for Nintendo's E3 event and I'd be positive I could get a lot of information in the thread to make it easier to discuss everything, I was doing threads on other forums for E3 last year and had some nice Nintendo discussions.

I'd probably be able to make a nice thread about Nintendo's E3 event with links to the livestreams, trailers and info about what they reveal to us when the main hour-long show is on. As for Nintendo Treehouse (should it happen this year, I'm not entirely sure right now), I most likely won't be awake because I would think most of the Treehouse streams will be when it's somewhat late in the UK.

Back